[Sapphire × preteen reader]

[#50: Overprotective]

"Mom! Can I please go hang out with my friends today?" you begged your mother, Sapphire. You knew that she'd say no, but you were taking the chance anyways.

Sapphire stood in front of you, her hands folded neatly on her dress. She was considerably shorter than you, which made her seem less intimidating to others. But you knew not to mess with her.

"No, (Y/N)," she answered softly, beginning to walk away. You sighed deeply. She never let you do anything, being an overprotective Mom and all.

"Why not?! You never let me do anything!" you whined, crossing your arms over your chest. Sapphire stopped abruptly and turned to face you once again.

Even though her eye was covered by her long, blue hair, you knew that she was glaring at you, hard.

"(Y/N), there are so many possibilities of you getting hurt if you go out. I need you to stay here so you're safe," she replied, keeping her calm tone.

"You can't keep me shielded here forever! I'm a kid! Let me have some fun for once!" you shouted, clenching your fists at your sides. That seemed to trigger Sapphire's anger, because the floor was now turning into ice.

Sapphire was normally good at keeping her emotions bottled up inside, that's why you'd never seen her cry, and she barely ever got angry at you. You didn't know why she was so angry now; you'd done much worse before.

"Do not raise your voice at me. If you want to be like that, then go to your room. You're grounded. We'll talk of the details later," she demanded, walking away before she got even more angry.

You sighed and stomped over to your room, slamming the door behind you. Sapphire made you so angry. She never let you do anything, and she caught you when you were doing something bad because of her future vision.

You planned to sneak out to hang with your friends. You hoped that her future vision wouldn't catch you as time slowly dragged on.

You peered out of your cracked bedroom door to make sure Sapphire wasn't there. Then you tiptoed down the hall and to the front door. You scurried out of the house and to your friend's.

You finally arrived at your friend's house and took a moment to smile proudly at your sneaking. You knocked on the door, and your friend answered.

"Hey (Y/N)! I thought you wouldn't come 'cause of your overprotective Mommy," they teased, nudging you with their elbow. You rolled your eyes and playfully punched their arm.

"I had to sneak out. She's probably going to figure it out some time but I'm not worried about that right now," you told them, entering their home. A few of your other friends were scattered across the house.

You hung out with them for a little while until darkness covered the city. You decided that it was a good time to go home, so you stood and said your goodbyes. You exited the house and began to make your way home.

You were too busy lost in your thoughts to notice a vehicle running straight towards you. Right when you noticed, a quick, blue figure pulled you out of the way.

You recognized the figure as Sapphire as you held her tightly, your heart pounding in your chest. You were glad that she was there to save you, and you were also glad that she had future vision and super speed-- for once.

"(Y/N)! I told you that you couldn't go out! This is why! This was one of the possibilities!" she shouted, a single line of tears pouring down her cheek.

"I-I'm s-sorry, Mom," you stuttered, still in shock from almost getting ran over. Sapphire sighed and hugged you tighter, burying her face in your arm.

"I could've lost you..," she whispered. You realized that this was the first time you'd ever seen her cry. The first time you'd ever seen her cry was because she thought she could've lost you.

"Don't... don't ever do that again," she ordered, pulling away from you. Her face was still stained with tears, so you brushed her bangs away to reveal her eye and wiped the tears away.

"I won't, Mom. I promise. Let's go home," you mumbled, grabbing her hand. She sniffled, smiling softly, and nodded. You carefully crossed the street this time, using the directions that Sapphire always repeated to you: "Look left, then right, then left again."

You arrived home. Once the front door was closed, Sapphire tackled you in another hug. She felt really cold, probably still a little upset, but she wasn't crying anymore.

"I love you, (Y/N). I want you to be safe. You understand that, right?" she spoke softly, staring into your eyes. Well, you couldn't see her eye, but you could tell anyways.

"Yeah, I understand. I'm sorry that I sneaked out, Mom. I shouldn't have done that," you sighed, looking down at the floor. You didn't like seeing Sapphire upset, and you never wanted to see it again.

"I'm sorry for being so overprotective. I just see so many possibilities of you getting yourself hurt. And I don't want that to happen," she said softly, "You're still grounded, though."

"That's fair," you shrugged, making your way to your room. Right before you closed the door, you called to Sapphire, "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

---

This was requested by Wolfgirl016! I hope you like it!

Shoutout to Galaxychan02 for voting and commenting on this book!!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡