[Malachite × toddler reader]

[#8: Giant Woman]

The water was wild and brushed upon the shore in violent waves. No one came anywhere near the ocean, in fear that it was dangerous; which it was.

A voice that sounded like two other voices having a conversation began to sound, arguing over something.

"I want to get out!" it shouted, growling. The other one bickered, "No! I won't be your prisoner anymore!"

The voice fought some more and suddenly, a ginormous creature pulled itself from the ocean while roaring as if in protest with itself.

The creature looked feminine in some way, with a wild mane of pale green hair. Its skin was two different shades of green in stripes and swirls. On its nose and back were two green gems. It wore a twisted, snarling smile and had four big, green eyes. It also had four extra arms that worked as legs with black and green bottoms and a diamond. It wore a matching top but with no diamond.

"I'm free! I'm finally free!" it cheered and cackled. Its face looked as if it were trying to separate into two, but the creature didn't seem discomforted.

People screamed and ran around, horrified at the monster that had just come out of the ocean of Beach City.

It began to stomp off of the beach and almost ran over a small human being who was waddling aimlessly across the sand. The human being giggled, not even in fear of the horrifying monster.

The creature, called Malachite, gave the toddler a confused look. She didn't understand why the human wasn't afraid.

You, the human, babbled incoherently. Malachite was even more confused than ever, not understanding a word you were speaking.

"It- it's a tiny human," Malachite said in a rough voice and scowled. She reached down and carefully grabbed you, making sure she didn't harm you.

"What are you doing here, human? Why aren't you afraid of me?" she asked, frowning at you who just giggled as you sat on the palm of her hand.

You stood up and waddled closer to her. She lifted her hand so you were standing right in front of her eyes. She glared at you but you didn't seem to notice.

"Giant Woman!" you squealed, staring into one of her big, green eyes.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?! I'm terrifying; hideous; disgusting!" Malachite roared causing you to fall over on your back. You frowned and your bottom lip quivered. You began to wail loudly and Malachite didn't know what to do.

"I- please... stop- stop crying," she pleaded, her voice softer now. You sniffled and looked up at her with puffy, (E/C) eyes.

"Giant Woman mean!" you shouted, pointing a tiny finger at her. You then crossed your arms over your chest and turned your head.

Malachite frowned. One part of her wondered why she didn't want to just squish you and leave so she could destroy those Crystal Disgraces.

"Giant Woman say sorry!" you ordered, giving the best professional look you could. Malachite shook her head.

"Say sorry!" you yelled, clumsily climbing to your feet and stomping your foot on the palm of her hand.

"Fine! Whatever! Sorry!" she finally said, sighing. You smiled proudly and wrapped on arm around one of her fingers.

"Good Giant Woman!" you praised, hugging her finger. She slightly smiled but forced herself to frown. She didn't want to see anything but scary.

Malachite twirled her hand and a sprout of water floated into the air. You gasped and giggled, clapping your hands together. Malachite made the water shape into a clone of you and then placed it on the hand that you stood on.

She played with the clone, making it dance, jump, spin, and copy your moves. You were amazed. The water clone disappeared and squirted water onto your face.

You laughed and wiped your face with the sleeve of your long-sleeved shirt.

Suddenly, you heard voices calling Malachite's name. She growled and whipped her head to see The Crystal Gems with their weapons.

"Malachite!" the one named Pearl called, pointing her spear at the giant creature. None of The Crystal Gems noticed the tiny toddler in Malachite's hand.

Well- except for the smallest Crystal Gem, Steven.

"Guys! She has a human!" he exclaimed. The rest of them saw it too and gave horrified faces, except for Garnet who barely ever showed emotion.

"Put the human down! We won't let you hurt the beings of this planet!" Pearl shouted.

You heard the commotion and peeked over the side of Malachite's hand. You smiled and waved, completely oblivious of what was going on.

"Tiny people!" you giggled at them. You then turned back to Malachite and your face fell at her angry expression.

She turned her head towards you and you titled yours, staring into her eyes. She carefully set you down in the sand.

"Giant Woman!" you cried reaching your arms out to her. You began to cry again.

Garnet walked over to you and picked you up. You squirmed in her arms, begging for her to let you go.

"Steven, take this child away from here. We don't want them to get hurt," she ordered, placing you in front of Steven. The boy started to object but stopped when Garnet gave him a hard glare.

He grabbed your arm and tugged you away with you screaming and crying.

You looked at Malachite and for a split second, you saw the sadness in her eyes. But it disappeared quickly.

"It's time to destroy you Crystal Menaces once and for all," Malachite boomed, snarling at the trio. Steven was struggling to keep you from running off.

The three Crystal Gems got closer to each other and began to glow brightly. They suddenly fused into one being.

The being had hot pink skin, crazy, turquoise hair, and six arms. She had another mouth under her face with sharp teeth and it reminded you of a monster you had seen in a nightmare.

Malachite and the new being, Alexandrite, began to battle and you watched in horror.

"G- Giant Woman!" you sobbed, kicking and thrashing your arms and legs around. Steven could barely hold you.

"Malachite is bad! She could've hurt you! Why do you want to go back to her?" Steven asked, grunting as he pulled you along.

You squealed and bit his arm, causing him to scream and let you go. You began to run but couldn't get too far because of your small, stubby legs.

Steven grabbed you again while rubbing his slobber-covered arm on his pants.

"(Y/N)! Hey, kid, what are you doing with my sibling?" your older brother snapped, scooping you into his arms.

"Um, th- they were near that giant monster over there! So I took them over here so they wouldn't get hurt!" Steven explained.

Your brother looked horrified at Malachite and Alexandrite and ran off with you squirming in his arms. You always remembered the hydrokinetic Giant Woman, though you never saw her again.

---

Finally a fusion (other than Garnet) × child reader one-shot! And even if you don't have an older brother, you do in this story. (I don't have an older brother either so we good)

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡