[Ruby & Sapphire × child reader]

[#23: Meeting Ruby and Sapphire]

- Your P.O.V. -

I awoke to the sound of two unfamiliar voices whispering to each other. I blinked to get used to the light and sat up.

Down the stairs were two little gems I had never seen before. One was red and looked a lot like Garnet. She had a red ribbon tied around her dark, frizzy hair. She was pacing around and mumbling something, and I noticed that the floor was burning under her feet. The other gem had beautiful sapphire blue skin, and long, blue hair. She wore a blue dress and her bangs covered half of her face. She was sitting quietly on the couch with her hands in her lap.

"Sapphire! What if they don't like us?!" the red gem questioned to the blue one, which I guessed was named Sapphire. I wondered who she was talking about as I stood on my feet.

"They will love us, Ruby. I know it. It's okay," Sapphire spoke softly. She floated off of the couch and landed on the floor beside "Ruby". She planted a small kiss onto Ruby's cheek, causing the red gem to calm and smile.

I thought that they were adorable. They were so small and they looked so in love. Are they together? I asked myself.

I quietly made my way down the stairs and watched as the two gems giggled at each other. I noticed that they each had a gem where Garnet did...

"Um, h-hello?" I called. Ruby seemed to get nervous again once she saw me.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Sapphire smiled. I wondered how she knew my name, but I didn't ask.

"Who are you guys?" I asked, smiling as Ruby grabbed Sapphire's hand. They were just so adorable!

They introduced themselves as Ruby and Sapphire, as I had suspected.

"Why are you two here? Where's Garnet or Pearl or Amethyst?" I questioned them. I really wanted to see Garnet; I had had a terrible nightmare and she had always helped to cheer me up.

"Um- uh, you see... Sapphire and I are Garnet..," Ruby explained, rubbing the back of her neck. I didn't understand. How could they be Garnet? Was she... a fusion..?

"Is Garnet a fusion of you two..?" I asked in a whisper. I never would've thought that Garnet was a fusion. Why hadn't she told me?

Ruby nodded and held her head at my reaction. I'm guessing she thought that I didn't like her.

"That's... really cool! Why didn't Garnet tell me she was a fusion? I wish I could've met you guys earlier! You're so cute!" I giggled. Ruby perked up and smiled proudly.

"Yeah, Sapphy's really cute. She's so small and beautiful and adorable," the red gem cooed, grabbing Sapphire's hands and kissing her. Sapphire blushed and giggled.

"Garnet was afraid of how you would react. We were afraid of how you would react. We're sorry for making you wait so long. We really wanted to meet you for such a long time," Sapphire said. I hugged her tightly.

"You guys are already great!" I exclaimed. Sapphire smiled widely and hugged me back.

"Hey, I wanna hug too!" Ruby pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. I grinned and wrapped my arms around her. She blushed a deep red.

When I pulled away, Ruby and Sapphire began to dance and laughed. They glowed brightly and their laughing became one. Garnet stood their with her visors off, showing her three eyes.

She crouched down to my height and kissed my forehead. I giggled and threw my arms around her. She lifted me off of the ground and held me in her arms.

"I love Ruby and Sapphire!" I exclaimed, squishing Garnet's cheeks with my hands. She chuckled and smiled brightly.

"We love you, too, (Y/N)."

---

Honestly, I think this one's adorable!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡