[Lapis & Peridot × toddler reader]

[#28: Found]

"Peridot! You're such a dork!" Lapis snorted, watching as the small, green gem finished her dance. She had thought she was alone, but Lapis had been looking the whole time.

"Gah! Lazuli! How long were you standing there..?" Peridot asked, her cheeks turning a tint of dark green.

"Oh... only since you started your dorky dance," Lapis replied, crossing her arms and smirking.

Peridot blushed furiously. She gave a weak, awkward smile and darted out of the barn door. Lapis followed.

"Lazuli! I think I hear something!" Peridot whisper-yelled looking off into the distance.

Lapis raised an eyebrow and gazed into the same direction. She narrowed her eyes at the sight of something small. It was alive, since it was shivering and crying.

"Let's check it out," Lapis whispered, sprouting her water wings and grabbing Peridot. She flew towards the tiny creature.

Once they were only a little ways away from the crying creature, Lapis dropped Peridot softly, only because she didn't want to alarm the creature.

She noticed that it was a... tiny human? She titled her head and crawled towards the child.

You, the child, didn't even notice the blue gem advancing closer to you. You continued to cry with your fists digging into your eyes.

Peridot was watching nervously behind Lapis. She crept near the blue gem, earning a glare when she made a small noise.

You looked up and squealed, climbing to your clumsy feet. You started to hobble away.

"Wait!" Lapis called, reaching out for you. You spun around and looked at her with puffy eyes. You sniffled and your eyes fell onto Peridot.

You stepped to her and she recoiled in fear. She pulled her knees to her chest and squeaked at you. You giggled and grabbed at her hair.

"Come on, Peridot! They're harmless!" Lapis snickered. You turned to face her and smiled, causing her to smile, too.

"And they're adorable," she added, shuffling closer. You tilted your head and watched her.

She reached a hand out and you locked your eyes on it. You slowly placed your hand in hers and marveled at how warm and soft it was.

You suddenly threw your arms around her and her eyes widened. But then, she grinned happily.

"What do we do with it?" Peridot asked while fixing her hair that you messed up.

"I don't know. They probably have a family, right? That's what humans have," Lapis answered. You nuzzled your face into her neck and hugged her tighter.

"Do you have a family, tiny human?" Peridot asked you. You didn't answer.

"I don't think tiny humans can talk like us. Maybe we should bring them to the other gems and see what they think we should do?" Lapis suggested.

Peridot agreed and Lapis stood on her feet while you dangled from her neck. You wrapped your legs around her.

"They need a name for now. I'll call them (Y/N)," she said, "hey (Y/N), check this out!"

She sprouted her water wings and flew into the air. You giggled and reached your hand out towards her wings.

Lapis landed back on the ground and grabbed Peridot, immediately flying back into the air. She made her way as fast as she could to The Temple.

She planted herself onto the porch, but not before dropping Peridot, causing a "thump" sound. Peridot pouted and dusted herself off.

They knocked on the door. Amethyst answered. Her eyebrow raised at the sight of you clinging to Lapis.

You turned to see her and stars formed in your eyes. You grabbed at her long, wild hair.

"Why do you guys have a human?" the purple gem asked, swatting your hand away. You just giggled and continued to grab at her locks. She eventually sighed and gave up.

"We found it near the barn," Peridot answered. Amethyst shrugged and walked deeper into The Temple, followed by the blue and green gem.

Pearl gasped at you and Garnet just stared. Steven also gasped, but for a positive reason.

"Oh my gosh! You guys have a babyyyy!" he shrieked, scrambling over to you.

"Why?!" Pearl asked, crossing her arms and making her way towards you, Lapis, and Peridot.

"We found them! Aren't they so cute?!" Lapis exclaimed, holding you out towards the taller gem. Pearl frowned and gazed at you.

You wrapped your fingers around her nose, causing her to frown deeper and sigh.

"Why do babies always do that to me?" she asked, pinching the bridge of her nose with her fingers after she waved your hand away. Everyone laughed, even Garnet.

"We came here to ask what you guys think we should do with this... tiny human," Peridot stated.

All heads turned to Garnet, who always seemed to know what to do. The tall gem adjusted her visors and spoke, "You should keep them."

Peridot's expression turned to horror and she spun around to face you. You waved your arms to her.

Lapis let you go and you waddled towards Peridot, wrapping your arms around her. Everyone awed at this, except Peridot, of course.

She melted into you and hugged you back while smiling. More awes filled the room.

"I think that's a good idea. What about you, Peridot?" Lapis asked the green gem. Peridot turned her head up, revealing happy-filled eyes, and nodded.

So that's exactly what they did.

---

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡