[Aquamarine × infant reader]

[#58: The Mission]

Aquamarine was put on another mission to retrieve more humans for the Human Zoo. She was accompanied by Topaz.

She grumbled to herself the whole way to the planet. She did not want to go back to Earth. The species there were way too difficult for her liking.

She arrived on Earth. A few humans were captured and held in Topaz-- as usual. They were just about to pack up and leave when Aquamarine heard a crying noise.

She pursed her lips and flew after the sound. A human baby was swaddled in a (F/C) blanket and placed in a box. She knitted her eyebrows together and gazed down at the infant.

You were crying loudly, hiccups and all. Aquamarine frowned and looked around the area. No one was around... She didn't know much about humans, but, she was pretty sure this human was defenseless and needed the care of an older one.

Ugh, why should I care? This human means nothing to me. She thought harshly, beginning to fly away. You let out a shrill scream and reached your arms out for her.

She stopped in her tracks and turned. She groaned at herself and face-palmed. She couldn't believe that she was actually... caring about this human! She used her wand and picked up the box that you sat in, bringing you into the ship after her.

She sat in her chair and placed the box in front of her. She removed you from the box, threw it away, and then put you in its place. You were sniffling, rubbing your tear-stained cheeks with your fists.

"M-Mama!" you shouted, reaching out for her. She pulled a confused face. You got on your hands and knees and crawled over to her. She cleared her throat, "No, no. Get away."

"Mama!" you shouted, pulling yourself up so you were standing, balanced only because of the chair. Aquamarine sighed deeply and peeled your fingers back.

You fell onto your bottom and frowned at her. You kicked your legs around and threw a fit, screaming loudly. Aquamarine rolled her eyes, "What do you want, human?"

"Mama!" you replied, making grabby hands at her. It was clear to her now that "Mama" was a nickname for her. She climbed off of the chair and stood in front of you.

You crawled towards her and wrapped your arms around her, smiling. She blushed, not understanding this gesture, and squirmed in your grip.

"What in Diamonds name are you doing?" she asked, prying your arms off of her. You squealed in protest, squeezing her tighter. She decided to stop fighting and just went with it.

She didn't want to admit it but... she actually liked this strange embrace. She made sure that Topaz wasn't looking and wrapped her arms around you, too.

She stood in that position for a few more seconds until she heard chuckling from below. She looked down to see Topaz covering her mouth to keep herself from laughing out loud.

Aquamarine's face flushed. She pushed you off of her and went back to sitting in her chair, pretending that nothing had happened. You frowned and stuck your tongue out at her.

She copied you, which encouraged you more. You began to blow raspberries. She did the same, but harder. It ended in basically a contest between the two of you, each getting louder and louder.

You finally decided that it was her win-- mostly because you didn't have enough breath or energy-- so you stopped and just stared at her. She cackled and held her hand in the air, "I win! 'Cause I'm the best there is. Maybe you could learn from me, little human."

You giggled and clapped, which she found as an applause. She bowed, smiling. She realized what she was doing and blushed a dark blue, turning away from you.

I think... I'll keep this human for my own. She thought, wincing afterwards. She didn't understand why, but she had the urge to keep this human safe and from harm at all costs.

You attempted to climb onto her chair with her, but failed. Aquamarine stuck her tongue out at you and patted your head. You giggled and gave her a few-toothed smile.

"Hmm, if I'm going to keep you, I'll need to give you a name... I like (Y/N). What do you think, (Y/N)?" she asked, looking proud and smug. You only blew raspberries at her.

She took that as an okay.

---

This was requested by moonflower124! I hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡