[The Rubies × child reader]

[#9: Cuddles]

You awoke to 5 little rubies cuddled into you. Eyeball and Doc were at your sides, Navy and Army were at your legs, and Leggy was sprawled on top of your stomach.

You sighed at Leggy who was drooling on your favorite shirt, but you then smiled at how adorable she looked.

"Guys, wake up! I'm hungry!" you groaned, moving your arms and legs. They all slowly peeled their eyes open and let you get out of the bed.

You hopped off of the bed and immediately went to the kitchen. You grabbed cereal, milk, a bowl, and a spoon.

As you made your cereal, the rubies began to spill out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. Leggy attached herself to your leg, as always, but you didn't mind.

Navy was desperately trying to climb onto your lap and you helped her up. There was no use fighting these tiny gems.

Once you finished, you walked into the living room. You sat down on the couch and Doc immediately crawled onto your lap. Navy began to argue with her over it, and Leggy was watching them anxiously. She held onto your arm.

Eyeball tried to interject their argument and pushed them both off of you, smirking and placing herself on your lap. You sighed. This happens every day.

Navy cuddled into your side and Army was trying to pry her off to take her place. Nobody messed with Leggy, knowing that you didn't like it when Leggy was more upset than usual.

Doc and Eyeball were growling at each other, and Doc said, "I'm the leader! I get (Y/N)!"

"I love them more!" Eyeball shouted, and a vicious fight started with you in the middle of it.

Eyeball and Doc were punching each other, and Army was screaming at Navy as her feet burned the carpet.

Leggy whimpered and hugged you tighter, nuzzling closer to you. You glared at the battling rubies.

"Guys! Stop! You've upset Leggy!" you frowned, trying not to raise your voice. The rubies all looked up with shameful faces. They held their heads.

"You can share me, guys, please stop fighting!" you pleaded, giving false sadness. The rubies were absolutely oblivious and assumed that you were genuinely upset.

Navy and Army sat on one side of you, and Doc and Eyeball sat on the other. Leggy smiled proudly as she sat atop your lap, cuddling you. You cuddled all five of the small, red gems.

These guys are ridiculous... but I love them. You thought to yourself shaking your head and chuckling softly.

---

This one's short but I hope y'all like it. It's inspired by another one-shot, which was in the book titled "Steven universe characters × baby reader". It's really good, just sayin'.

Since I just got 200 reads on this book, I've decided to post this chapter early! Enjoy!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡