[Lapis × teenaged reader]

[#19: Healing Takes Time]

"Um, Peridot? What are you doing?" you asked the small green gem who was currently waving her hands around and staring intently at an old truck. She looked really dumb, but adorable at the same time.

She grunted and threw her hands at her side, then folded them across her chest. She had a scowl painted on her face as she turned to look at you.

"I'm trying to get this metal thingy off of this stupid broken down vehicle! And I'm using my metal-controlling powers, obviously. What are you doing?" she answered in her nasally voice.

"Um, lookin' for Lapis. Do you happen to know where she is?" you questioned, crossing your arms. She rolled her eyes and pointed to the roof of the barn. Lapis sat here with her knees pulled to her chest.

Peridot then mumbled something incoherent, and you guessed she was probably calling you a clod or something of that nature. You ignored her and climbed up to the roof.

Lapis didn't move a muscle when you sat down next to her. She just stared off into the sunset, which was now almost a black sky. You stared at her for a while until she sighed, causing you to jump slightly.

"(Y/N)?" she called, moving her head to face you. You replied with a small hum and she scooted closer to you.

"(Y/N), can I ask you something?" she questioned, lifting her head up from her knees. You tilted your head but nodded.

"Do you ever miss someone even when you know they were bad for you?" she asked, staring at the small, bright stars dotting the dark sky.

"All the time, actually," you responded, crossing your legs. You knew exactly who she was missing. Jasper. And your mind was filled with the memories of the one you were missing.

"It feels better knowing I'm not the only one," she said, looking down at her lap. You agreed in your mind. It was nice knowing that you weren't alone.

"I just feel pathetic for missing her. She was horrible. Why, why do I think about her all the time? She doesn't deserve me, right?" Lapis sighed shakily. You could tell tears were pushing at her eyes.

You scooted closer to her and wrapped your arms around her. She slid her arms around you as well.

"It's okay, Lapis. You're not pathetic. You just need some time to heal. Healing takes time. And you're right, she doesn't deserve you. She was cold-hearted. But you can't help if you miss her. Don't beat yourself up over it," you told her.

She smiled into your shoulder and squeezed you tighter. You could feel hot tears pouring onto your shoulder but you didn't care. Lapis needed you.

"Thanks, (Y/N)," she smiled and sniffled. You smiled back and suggested, "You wanna watch Camp Pining Hearts? Maybe it'll get your mind off of this."

She nodded and sprouted her water wings, grabbing you and flying you down to the ground. Peridot joined you two in watching Camp Pining Hearts. You all three fangirled, Lapis forgetting about her troubles.

You grinned at her smiling. It made you happy when others were happy. Especially Lapis. You knew it may take some time for her to heal, but you also knew that it would happen eventually. Lapis would finally be okay.

One day.

---

This was inspired by another one-shot, somewhere deep in my ocean of library. Sorry..!

Question: Who's your fave Crystal Gem? Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Ruby, Sapphire, Lapis, or Peridot?

By the way, you should check out the book "Steven Universe One-shots" by Wolfgirl016. It's really good!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡