[Ruby & Sapphire × child reader]

[#33: The Ridiculous Fight]

You sat in Garnet's lap, slowly dozing off. Your eyes fluttered and your thumb hung half-way out of your mouth.

Garnet chuckled, trying to stay together. The constant, vicious fighting of the two gems that made her did not help.

She began to twitch and felt herself splitting into two. Suddenly, she was gone. In her place were two gems, Ruby and Sapphire.

You woke from the sudden change of position. You found yourself with your head in Ruby's lap and your legs across Sapphire's.

"W-What..?" you mumbled, sitting up. You were placed between the two gems. Ruby had her arms crossed and was facing away. Sapphire had her hands folded in her lap, her posture seemingly calm.

"Ruby? Sapphire? W-What's wrong?" you asked, yawning loudly and rubbing your tired eyes.

None of them spoke. You frowned and slowly felt yourself falling asleep. You rested your head on Sapphire's shoulder and struggled to keep your eyes open.

"We're sorry, (Y/N). We didn't want to wake you. We know you're tired. You should sleep," Sapphire spoke softly, kissing your forehead.

"B-But... I want to help you guys! What's wrong?!" you asked, sitting up straight and glancing between the two.

"You shouldn't worry about that, (Y/N). You need sleep," Ruby replied, finally turning and looking at you.

You narrowed your eyes at her and crossed your arms, pouting. You shook your head.

"You're not really scary when you're my height," you chuckled at Ruby after she tried to order you to bed.

"Ooooh well I will be scary when Sapphire and I make Garnet again and we--"

"Ruby. Calm down. The couch," Sapphire spoke calmly. Ruby sighed and hopped off of the couch. You laughed at the mark she left on the couch.

"Ruby! Look what your butt did!" you giggled, pointing to the hot, butt mark on the couch. Ruby face-palmed and sighed deeply.

Even Sapphire cracked a smile. She chuckled softly and soon enough she was full on laughing along with you.

Ruby crossed her arms over her chest and pouted like a child. You wiped the tears of laughter from the corners of your eyes.

"Awe, c'mon Ruby. I'm sorry!" you exclaimed, jumping off of the couch and stepping closer to the red gem.

She turned away from you. You frowned and walked in front of her. You wrapped your arms around her.

"I'm sorry I laughed at the funny mark your butt made on the couch," you told her. She slightly chuckled and hugged you back.

"But seriously guys, what happened? I hate to see you guys fighting! I love you too much!" you said once you pulled away.

"It isn't really anything important... We normally only split up over things like this in private," Sapphire spoke.

"Yeah... it's stupid," Ruby rubbed the back of her neck, "Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet, which includes Sapphy and I, have recently been fighting over who your favorite gem is."

You giggled and watched as Sapphire floated off of the couch. You wrapped your arms around them both.

"You guys are so silly fighting over me like that," you told them. They both blushed; Sapphire going dark blue and Ruby dark red.

"Besides, I don't have a favorite. I love you guys all the same," you informed them.

"You're such a liar! You obviously love Garnet the most, right?!" Ruby asked. You blushed, you were caught.

"Pssh, no way, man. It's not like she's really soft and comfy and has the prettiest eyes ever and it's not like she's the best cuddler ever and has the best love story in history," you mumbled, your face heating up.

Sapphire and Ruby giggled. They both kissed your cheeks. Ruby grabbed Sapphire and spun her around. They fused into Garnet and she stared down at you with a wide smile.

She picked you up and placed kisses all over your face. You laughed and pushed her away.

"Okay, it's my lil' cutie-pie's bedtime now," she spoke, giving you one last kiss on your cheek.

"Awe... okay."

---

OMGGGG GUYS I JUST GOT 2K READS HOW AMAAAAAZING IS THAT? !?!?! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS ILY!!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡