[Lapis × infant reader]

[#49: The Baby]

Lapis cradled your small body in her arms. She had found you abandoned and decided to take care of you. She absolutely adored you, even if it was hard trying to take care of a human infant when she didn't know anything about them.

She had found a baby book somewhere and used it. It was very helpful in the process.

Your small fingers were curled around one of hers as you babbled softly and incoherently. Your innocent, (E/C) eyes stared into Lapis'. She smiled.

"Hey (Y/N), can you say 'Lapis'?" she cooed, softly tickling your tummy. You giggled and attempted to say the name, only making baby noises.

"Good try," she chuckled, shrugging. You stuck your tongue out at her while closing your eyes, which caused the blue gem to giggle.

"Such a silly baby," she spoke, copying you. You laughed loudly, throwing your arms around. You grabbed her cheeks in your hands and squeezed them together, laughing harder.

She felt so happy. She loved this feeling. She normally felt sad, lost, and depressed. Though a part of her would always feel that way, right now she had happiness.

She didn't even notice the small, human boy entering the barn. He gasped, his eyes full of stars. Lapis snapped her head over to face him, instinctively pressing you closer to her.

"You have a baby?!" he shouted, squishing his cheeks in his hands. The commotion caught the attention of the team of gems outside, who entered the barn as well.

"Oh! Steven! I um--"

"Wait, what?! A baby?!" Amethyst exclaimed, peering into Lapis' arms where you lay. You were slightly scared, all of the sudden noise and people was just too much.

You began to cry, holding tightly onto Lapis. She bounced you up and down softly, attempting to calm you. She'd learned that that normally helped.

"Guys, you scared them!" she whisper-yelled to the two gems, frowning. Lapis held your tiny hand in hers and whispered softly to you, which calmed you down. You sniffled, pressing yourself closer to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry Lapis!" Steven whispered, gazing at you curiously. Lapis shrugged, "It's okay, bud."

"Where'd you get a baby?" Amethyst asked, leaning against the couch with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I found them. They were all alone... and crying... and they looked so hungry and hopeless as they cried there... I couldn't just leave them there. So decided to take care of them," she explained, smiling down at you.

You definitely looked a lot more happy and healthy since she had "adopted" you. Your body was a lot chubbier and you smiled all the time. You were a very happy baby being with Lapis.

"What's their name?" Steven asked, giving an extremely wide smile as you reached out for him. He let you wrap your tiny fingers around one of his.

"(Y/N)," Lapis answered, seeming proud. She had come up with the name herself, and she really loved it.

"That's nice. I like it," Garnet spoke, grinning.

"Thanks," Lapis beamed. You babbled to Steven, already loving him like Lapis did. He was a really loveable child, after all.

"Can I hold them?" Steven questioned excitedly. Lapis thought about it for a second, then nodded. She told Steven how to sit and how to hold you, then placed you carefully in his arms.

"You're a very good mother, Lapis, I must say," Pearl complimented. The blue gem only shrugged in response, not really knowing how to take compliments well.

The day went on as the gems conversed with Lapis. They finally went home, leaving you cradled happily and Lapis' arms once again.

"L-Lappy!" you exclaimed, beaming proudly. She chuckled, "Good job, (Y/N)."

---

This was requested by LapisLazuli_Official! Hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡