[The Off Colors × child reader]

[#83: Off Colors]

You'd witnessed a lot that day-- giant space ladies wanting to shatter Steven, defective and unwanted gems taking you under their wing, robots trying to kill you and the gems with lasers, and even Lars dying and turning into a pink zombie.

You were now with Lars and the Off Colors in that vast, dark Kindergarten. Every little tiny sound or unpredicted movement sent you even more on edge. You sat against the Kindergarten wall by yourself with your knees pulled to your chest.

The others were talking and learning about each other. Lars looked happy as he conversed with his new friends. The Off Colors listened to him intently as he told them about Earth and his life. You dozed off against the wall.

After a while, Rhodonite trailed off from the others and made her way towards you. She didn't know what to expect and, being the nervous fusion she was, slowly approached you with caution.

She stared down at you and noticed that you weren't moving. She thought that maybe something was wrong and freaked out as she alerted Lars. He told her and the rest of them that you were just sleeping and that it was something humans did.

You woke up to see two pairs of eyes staring at you. You gasped and scooted away, until you realized that those eyes just belonged to the Rutile Twins. They tried to assure you that they weren't going to hurt you, and sat beside you.

"Why don't you come talk with us?" one of them asked.

"Yeah, everyone wants to meet you!"

You kept silent but nodded. They immediately picked you up, cradling you in their arms. You let out a small scream and held onto them tightly, causing them to giggle with each other.

"Awe... aren't they... cute..," Fluorite said slowly, smiling at you. You tilted your head at her, your cheeks a light tint of pink.

"Please be careful with them! You could hurt them!" Rhodonite shouted nervously at the Twins, who rolled their eyes and promised to be careful.

"I predict that the tiny human will join us! How wonderful!" Padparadscha announced, looking proud of herself. You chuckled a little, smiling at her.

"Yeah, it's about time! (Y/N) is pretty shy," Lars grinned, ruffling your hair. You frowned and pushed his hand away, "I'm not shy!" Everyone laughed, except for Padparadscha. Well, she laughed a couple minutes later during a completely different conversation.

You didn't want the Twins to put you down, but they did. You immediately grabbed the next best thing-- Padparadscha. You wrapped your arms around her and hugged her tightly.

After a few seconds, she giggled and hugged you back. You smiled, "I love her. She's mine now." Everyone laughed. You stood like that with her for a little while before your legs started to get tired.

You pulled away from Padparadscha and looked up at Rhodonite, who stared down at you with furrowed eyebrows. You reached your arms up for her, standing on your tiptoes.

She looked around with confused eyes, then pointed at herself questioningly. You giggled and nodded, opening and closing your hands at her.

She leaned down and picked you up, holding you in front of her by your armpits. You reached for her face and pressed your hands against her cheeks. She bit her lip, trying to hide a smile. She pulled you closer to her and hugged you.

I'm never gonna leave these gems. Ever. You told yourself, squeezing the fusion tightly.

---

This was requested by Darkblud2! I hope you like it, even though it may be a little short and sucky.

I just recently published a new book! It's called "Learning", and it's a Jasper x FEMALE reader. Check it out if you want! Just a forewarning: it does contain some mature themes.

Btw, you can check out my other book: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡