[Ruby & Sapphire × infant reader]

[#15: A Day With Rubapphire]

"Um, Saph, they're crying again! What do I do?!" Ruby asked, bouncing from foot to foot anxiously while you sat in her arms.

"Ruby, calm down. It's okay. They're just hungry," Sapphire chuckled, carefully grabbing you from the red gem's arms.

She placed you in your (F/C) highchair and fed you the soft, mushy baby food. Once she finished with all of that, she cradled you in her arms.

Your eyes slowly closed. Sapphire smiled and handed you back to Ruby, who now sat on the couch.

You fell alseep in Ruby's arms. She stared down at you and thought about how adorable you looked.

Only a few minutes later, you opened your eyes again and gazed up at Ruby. You gave her your few-toothed smile and giggled.

"Hello, (Y/N)!" Ruby said, softly caressing your cheek with her finger. You grabbed her finger and babbled.

"Don't you mean cutie-pie?" Sapphire chuckled, sitting down next to Ruby and kissing your nose.

Ruby turned to Sapphire and pulled her closer, pushing her lips against the blue gem's. Once they pulled away, Sapphire rested her forehead on Ruby's and they stared lovingly into each others' eyes.

"R-Rub-by!" you called, kicking your legs; begging for the gems' attention to be on you.

Sapphire and Ruby gasped and turned their heads towards you-- your attempt for attention was a success.

"Th-they said their first word! And it was my name!" Ruby squealed, smiling widely. She kissed your cheek, causing you to giggle loudly.

[~]

You lay in Sapphire's arms and she sung you a song while Ruby folded clothes. Ruby began to sing along and you listened, loving every second.

You attempted to sing, too, but it came out as usual baby babbling. You squirmed in Sapphire's arms. She set you down on the ground and you crawled over to Ruby.

"Ru! Ru!" you called to her, reaching your arms out. She grinned and scooped you into her arms, giving you kisses all over your face.

Sapphire gazed at her lover and the small human that they called their own. She smiled at the two.

Ruby softly rocked you back and forth in her arms. You yawned and fell asleep in her arms. Ruby held you as Sapphire now folded the clothes.

[~]

The three of you all sat on a blanket on the floor. You had a (F/C) colored pacifier in your mouth and you were playing with a small toy.

"They're really adorable," Sapphire spoke, curling your short, (H/C) hair around her finger. Ruby nodded in agreement.

The pacifier fell out of your mouth and you began to cry. Ruby grabbed it and wiped it off before popping it back in your mouth. Your cries were muffled before you stopped entirely.

"You really like your binky, huh, (Y/N/N)?" Ruby cooed, kissing your forehead. You squealed and squished her cheeks with your tiny hands.

"You guys are so cute!" Sapphire gushed, throwing her arms around Ruby. You inched into her lap and played with her long, blue hair.

"Awe, they like your hair, Saph!" Ruby chuckled, wrapping an arm around Sapphire's waist and pulling her closer.

Sapphire kissed Ruby's cheek which caused the red gem to grin and blush deeply.

"I love you, you big dork," Sapphire said, giving Ruby a kiss on the lips. Ruby replied with, "I love you more, beautiful."

---

I love my Ruby and Sapphire sm. Everytime I see an episode with them in it I fangirl. I also love my Garnet. I LOVE MY GAY BABIES.

Anyways, last night I had some pretty fudged up dreams. My brother tried to bury me alive in a basement in my dream😓

Yeah, idk what's wrong with me. But, don't forget to vote and comment!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Also, thank you to Candymation and VeronicaDancing for voting a lot! It means so much to me!♡

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡