[Lapis × toddler reader]

[#82: Ship Wrecked]

"You ready, Steven?" Lapis asked, grinning at the small, human boy. Steven nodded his head vigorously, his teeth showing in a wide smile. Lapis held onto him and sprouted her water wings. Steven laughed and cheered as she shot into the air.

She flew over the trees, smiling whenever Steven gasped and pointed out something that he thought was 'cool'. They just enjoyed the view together and feeling of the wind blowing through their hair.

Steven gasped and pointed to a boat in the water that was sinking. He tries to get Lapis to fly over, and she only does when she sees a small child alone and crying. It was obvious that their family wasn't anywhere near and that the child would mostly likely die on their own.

Lapis didn't know why, but she felt an instinct in her gut to help the toddler. She swooped down and hovered over you, the crying child, and called for you. You sniffled and looked up at her, your eyes widening.

"Are you lost?" Lapis asked in a sweet voice, trying not to rush in fear of scaring you more. You nodded and immediately reached your arms out towards her, begging to be picked up. Lapis looked over at how fast the boat was sinking and quickly scooped you into her arms, flying away into the air.

You wrapped your arms around Lapis' neck, burying your face in her chest. You trembled in fear, and didn't dare to look down at how far you were from the ground. Lapis frowned, feeling how quick your heartbeat was against her.

"It's okay, human, you're safe with me," she cooed, rubbing your back. She felt like she needed to protect you, like a motherly instinct. She didn't understand why, but she wasn't going to question it.

You stayed silent the whole time. Lapis held you with one hand and Steven with the other as she landed, making sure he didn't fall. Steven climbed off of her back. You didn't move from the spot you were in. You felt safe in Lapis' arms.

"What do we with them?" Lapis asked softly, still rubbing your back. You hiccuped, holding onto the gem tighter. Steven smiled, big stars in his eyes.

"You should keep them! You can be a mom!" he suggested, jumping up and down. Lapis thought about it for a second, and debunked it, "Steven... I don't know much about humans. How am I supposed to take care of one?"

"I can help you, and the gems can, too! And if we need expert help, we can call my dad. Plus, you have Peridot at the barn to help as well!" Steven said, throwing his pudgy arms into the air. Lapis grinned at his enthusiasm.

"I don't know, Steven," she said, biting her lip. She gazed at your fearful, trembling figure in her arms. She was afraid that she'd do something wrong and hurt you, or you'd be scared of her, or--

"We can get the gems over and they can help us decide," Steven smiled. Lapis sighed and nodded, "Okay, Steven. But I'm not promising that I'll take care of them." Steven cheered.

-

"Have you gotten their name yet?" Pearl asked, leaning over to get a better look at you. Lapis shook her head, pulling you closer to her. She felt very protective, and didn't want Pearl to even touch you.

"Let me see them, maybe I can help," Pearl said, reaching her arms out. Lapis snapped, "No! You can't touch them!" She slapped Pearl's hand away. Pearl held her hands up defensively, "Okay, okay. I was just trying to help."

"I can do it myself," Lapis mumbled. She rubbed your back, cooing to you. You finally pulled away from her chest and looked up at her. She smiled at the sight of your big, (E/C) eyes.

"Can you tell me your name?" she asked you in the sweetest voice she could muster. She normally wasn't so soft and caring, but she didn't care. She just wanted you to be safe and happy.

"I (Y/N)," you told her, your small teeth poking out in a smile, "what you name?" Lapis chuckled softly, "I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli." You giggled.

"Who they?" you questioned, pointing to the other gems. You cuddled closer to Lapis as you stared at them.

"Well, they can introduce themselves, right?" Lapis said, looking at the team. Pearl nodded, "Yes, yes of course. I'm Pearl."

"I'm Amethyst."

"Garnet."

"And Steven!" Steven exclaimed excitedly. You giggled loudly, already liking the human boy. He smiled proudly, planting his hands on his hips.

"So, Lapis, what are you planning on doing with this child?" Pearl asked.

Lapis already knew the answer.

"I'm keeping them."

---

This was requested by Rb1406 and alienator999. They both wanted Lapis x toddler readers, but Rb1406 was the one to give a description. I hope you guys like this!

This may have some mistakes because I haven't checked over it yet. I apologize in advance for any mistakes.

If I haven't replied to your requests, then I'm sorry. I promise I'm working on all the ones I've seen. I just get a lot of requests and I don't feel like directly answering to all of them.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡