[Peridot × preteen reader]

[#43: The (girlfriend/boyfriend)]

You opened the barn door with your (girlfriend/boyfriend) holding your hand. You had a wide smile on your face as they trialed behind you.

"So, you're mom's an alien..?" they asked again, scratching the back of their neck. You nodded and called Peridot's name.

You heard a "thump" and an "ow!" until finally your little green mother appeared. She was rubbing the back of her head with a pained expression.

"Hello (Y/N)," she stopped, her eyes darting to the one holding your hand. She furrowed her eyebrows, "Who's this?"

"Peri! This is my (girlfriend/boyfriend)!" you exclaimed. They smiled awkwardly.

"Hmm..," Peridot hummed while examining the human. They were sweating nervously.

"What's a (girlfriend/boyfriend)?" she asked, one eyebrow raised. You face-palmed.

"A (girlfriend/boyfriend) is someone you date. Ya know, like Ruby and Sapphire are dating!" you explained.

"Wait... so does that mean you two do that 'kissing' thing? Where you exchange lip contact?" Peridot asked. You and your (girlfriend/boyfriend) both blushed madly.

"Uh... no, not yet. You only do that when you're older and have been dating for a long time," you told her. Peridot nodded and narrowed her eyes at your (girlfriend/boyfriend).

They just stared at each other for a while. You couldn't read Peridot's expression. Was she mad? You didn't know.

"Well, (Y/N)'s (girlfriend/boyfriend), you're not a huge clod, are you?" the green gem asked, leaning back and crossing her arms.

"N-No ma'am..," your (girlfriend/boyfriend) answered, confused as to what clod meant. It obviously didn't mean anything good, though.

"Good."

"Peri, you should show them some of your cool MeepMorps!" you suggested.

"What's a MeepMorp?" your (girlfriend/boyfriend) asked, looking completely lost. You chuckled at their expression.

"Yes! That's a great idea!" Peridot smiled, leading you towards a few of her MeepMorps. You didn't even have to answer your (girlfriend/boyfriend)'s previous question, they had guessed that MeepMorp meant "art" after the 3rd MeepMorp.

"So... whadda ya think, (Y/N)'s (girlfriend/boyfriend)?" Peridot questioned, a proud expression on her face.

Your (girlfriend/boyfriend) started rambling on about how great the MeepMorps are and explaining some of their art to Peridot. The two ended up bonding well.

"Oh, oh yeah! Peri, show them your metal powers!" you exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly. Peridot nodded and lifted the truck outside with her powers.

Your (girlfriend/boyfriend) watched in amazement with wide, star-filled eyes. Peridot was smiling wide, loving the attention.

Peridot and your (girlfriend/boyfriend) were now sitting back and talking and laughing loudly. They both seemed to enjoy each other and the company that they brought.

"I thought at first that you might have been a huge clod like Paulette is in Camp Pining Hearts, but now I see that you and (Y/N) are definitely are more like the pair Percy and Pierre," Peridot said.

"I'll take that as a compliment," your (girlfriend/boyfriend) chuckled.

"Peri's a cute little fangirl for Camp Pining Hearts," you whispered. Unfortunately, Peridot heard.

"Hey, I told you not to call me cute!" she blushed, curling her fingers into tight fists at her sides. You and your (girlfriend/boyfriend) burst into laughter.

"Whatever, Peri. My (girlfriend/boyfriend) has to leave anyways. You can go lie to yourself some more about not being cute while I walk them home," you stuck your tongue out at her. She returned the gesture and stomped back into the barn.

"Your mom is strange but cool at the same time," the human said, smiling. You nodded, agreeing.

---

This was requested by Wolfgirl016. Hope you like it, but it really isn't very good. I don't really like it. But thank you so much for always supporting me and this book! You've been here since the first chapter and haven't left. You're so fudging amazing!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡