[Jasper × child reader]

[#69: The Missing Piece]

"My Jasper..," the diamond whispered, pressing her hand against Jasper's cheek. Jasper placed her hand over her diamond's and looked up at her.

"My Diamond..," Jasper replied. Pink Diamond chuckled and kissed Jasper's forehead. The pink gem lifted Jasper's chin with her finger and stared into her eyes.

Jasper blushed and looked down, her hair falling over her eyes. Pink Diamond brushed her hair out of her face, "Now, don't cover those beautiful eyes."

"You're so kind, my Diamond. I am unequal," Jasper said, grabbing Pink Diamond's hand and pressing her lips against it.

Jasper buried her face in her hands, sobbing into them. She had tried to be quiet-- soldiers weren't supposed to cry. It was considered a defect, but she couldn't help but sob. Her diamond was shattered by one of her own-- a Rose Quartz soldier.

"Jaspy? You okay?" you asked the Quartz, softly stroking her untamed mane of beige hair. She ran her hands down her tear-stained cheeks and just stared at you.

"Why are you crying?" you questioned, hugging her muscular arm. She rolled her eyes, "I was not crying, runt." She usually called you that, but it wasn't meant to be something mean. She just didn't know how to be nice.

"Yeah you were!" you argued, noting at her red, puffy eyes. Another tear rolled down her cheek. You sighed and wiped it away, causing the brute gem to turn away.

"Go away, runt," she grunted, pushing you to the ground. It didn't hurt, and it wasn't like that wasn't normal. She was always rough, but you never really minded.

"No!" you shouted, quickly climbing to your feet. You pried Jasper's hands away from her face and stared into her golden eyes, "What's wrong, Jaspy?"

"None of your business," she mumbled, grabbing you and placing you back on the ground. You were tired of her pushing you away.

"Stop it! I know you're sad! Tell me why!" you ordered climbing into her lap and glaring at her. She gave you a hard stare before giving in-- she couldn't resist your adorable face, no matter how tough she was.

"Fine, shrimp. My diamond was shattered. She's gone. And I wasn't there to save her. I could've... I could've saved her... but I didn't. I loved her. You don't understand, you're just a puny human," she explained, glaring hard at the ground.

"Was your diamond... like your mom?" you asked softly, playing with your fingers. Family was a tough subject for you, since you'd never really had one besides Jasper. You didn't know your biological family, but you did know the basics of it like what mothers, fathers, and other things were.

"What's a 'mom'?" Jasper raised an eyebrow, turning her head to face you. You rubbed the back of your neck while explaining, "Well, a mom is... the one who brought you to life. The reason you're alive."

"I... I guess she was," Jasper answered, her voice softening. You wrapped your arms around her neck and hugged her, burying your face in her hair. Her eyes widened, but she hugged you back.

She started to cry again as she held you, squeezing you tighter. It was strange to hear her cry, since she was normally tough and acted like nothing ever bothered her.

"Well, I know it might not but lots, but, I'm here for you," you told the gem. She sniffled, which sounded cute for such a huge being. She looked down at you.

"... Thanks..," she muttered, blushing a dark red. You giggled and kissed her gem. She chuckled and threw you into the air, catching you as you laughed loudly.

"You're silly, Jaspy poo," you cooed, poking her cheek. She rolled her cat-like eyes and smirked, "I told you not to call me that, shrimp." You stuck your tongue out at her.

"Too bad, Jaspy poo," you teased. You hopped off of her lap and ran, shouting, "Bet you can't catch me, loser."

"Oh, ho, ho, watch me, little runt," she challenged, standing and chasing after you.

---

DaaAaaaAAang this book is gaining fast! Thanks guys! I'm working on a request rn, so it might be up soon.

Sorry this is short! I just had to make up for being lazy and not posting at 3am like usual this morning.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡