[Yellow Diamond × child reader]

[#31: Rose Quartzes]

"(Y/N), remember what I told you. Do not touch anything in here," Yellow ordered, staring down at you.

"So... I can't touch the floor? Then how would I walk? And I can't touch the air? Then how would I breathe? And I can't tou-"

"(Y/N)! You know what I mean," Yellow snapped. You gulped and nodded. The large gem lead you to an unfamiliar room.

You wondered what you were doing there. You were supposed to be going to the Human Zoo to grab supplies that you needed. Yellow Diamond wanted to keep you from the Zoo and closer to her. She was very fond of you.

The door opened and you gazed around with your jaw dropped. Many gems were trapped in bubbles, all collected together in the room.

"What's all this?" you asked Yellow. She intertwined her fingers behind her back.

"These are gems. They were trapped in these bubbles for a reason, (Y/N). I know you--"

But she didn't get to finish. You had already gotten your tiny hands on a bubble that floated awfully close to the ground. It popped.

You stepped back as the gem began to glow and float. You scurried over to Yellow Diamond and hid behind her.

The gem reformed into its illusionary form. A tall woman, at least, compared to you, with beautiful pink, curly hair that stopped at her shoulders stood before you. Her pink, pentagon cut gem was on her chest. Her body suit had multiple diamonds, obviously.

"W-What... what on Homeworld?!" the gem exclaimed, staring down at her hands. She then turned her head to look at Yellow and she gasped.

She made a diamond shape with her hands and spoke with a shaky voice, "M-My diamond..."

Yellow growled and stepped forward. You knew that she was going to try and poof the terrified gem.

"Y-Yellow! No! Do not do that! What did she ever do to you?!" you shouted, running in front of the Rose Quartz.

"(Y/N), move," Yellow snapped, narrowing her eyes at you. You gulped and shook your head.

"I know a Rose Quartz shattered Pink Diamond, but that is not this Rose Quartz' fault! Give her a chance, Yellow!" you pleaded.

The Rose Quartz looked down at you with big, thankful eyes. But you didn't see that.

Yellow clenched her fists at her sides and sighed deeply. She took a long look at the Rose Quartz.

"Okay, (Y/N)," she said, "I will not poof her. But only because you're too adorable for your own good."

"Hehe, thanks Yellow!" you shouted, wrapping your arms as far as you could around her leg and hugging it. She smiled slightly but forced herself to give an emotionless face again.

You got supplies from the Zoo and came back to see that Yellow had freed more Rose Quartzes. You gave a goofy grin.

"Aweee YD! You're so cuteee!" you cooed. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

When you looked away, she smiled wide.

---

This was requested by the wonderful AmberGoldenHeart! I hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡