[Jasper × preteen reader]

[#39: The Healing Spring]

"Jasper! Where are you..?" you shouted, cupping your mouth with your hands to increase your volume. You received no answer.

"Jasper... Jaspy Jaspy Jasperrrr! Jazzy? Jasp? Jasper!" you called, beginning to get irritated. You wanted to see your big, muscular, orange gem, but she was no where in sight.

You sighed and crossed your arms. You began to walk back to The Temple until you heard a familiar voice call out to you.

"Jaspyyy!" you sang, scurrying over to her and jumping into her large arms. She chuckled, but seemed a little tense. You looked up at her to see that her gem had a large crack right through the middle.

You gasped and grabbed the sides of her face, forcing her to look at you. Her eyes moved away from yours, and her face was flushed from embarrassment.

"What happened, Jasper?" you asked softly, running a finger across the crack. She sighed and set you back down on the ground.

"Well... I was just..," she spoke, rubbing the back of her neck. Suddenly, her face began to contort as if she'd eaten a lemon, and her leg grew twice its normal length.

"Nevermind that! We gotta get you to Rose's Healing Spring!" you shouted, grabbing her large finger and dragging her to The Temple.

She awkwardly trailed behind you, her legs of two different lengths making it difficult. It was even harder to get her up the stairs, but you eventually made it.

The gems were out on a mission, and they had left you with Jasper, in spite of being wary of her. But you insisted on it, gave Garnet your famous puppy dog eyes, and she agreed. That caused Pearl to agree, too.

You ran towards the Warp Pad, and turned to see that Jasper now had an arm that has shrunk. It looked ridiculously hilarious, but that was not the time to laugh at your friend.

"I probably look so fucked up right now," she sighed. You ignored her comment, waving your hand around to tell her to get beside you.

She stumbled behind you and you blew your Warp Whistle, sending you to the Healing Spring. As soon as you stepped off of the Warp Pad, Jasper glitched.

Her head was now dangling off of her body and you tried not to scream. You took a deep breath and looked away. You motioned for her to follow you.

She did so, making loud thumps in the process. The Healing Spring was so close. You heard a noise behind you and saw that Jasper had literally almost completely fell apart.

This time you let out a shriek. You grabbed her hand and dragged her to the Spring. You pushed her in, waiting impatiently for her to rise up again be normal once again.

She eventually popped back up with a smile. She climbed out of the Spring and you attacked her in a hug.

"Thanks for saving me, little guy," she spoke, ruffling your hair. You nuzzled your face deeper into her leg and smiled.

"I'm just glad that you're okay. How did your gem get cracked anyways?" you questioned, causing her face to flush.

"Uh... I was... uh... trying to reach something high up so I climbed one of those 'ladders'. I fell off of it and landed on my face... and my gem..," she explained.

"You big, clumsy, dummy," you giggled. She looked away and crossed her arms.

"Hey, you might be a big dummy, but you're my big dummy," you cooed, hugging her tighter. She rolled her eyes, trying not to grin, but failed.

She scooped you up and spun you around while you giggled.

"C'mon, let's get outta here. I just jumped in a giant pool of Rose Quartz' bodily fluids. That's pretty weird," Jasper shuddered, holding your hand and leading you to the Warp Pad.

---

This was requested by AmberGoldenHeart. Hope it's not trash. (It is)

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡