[Snowflake Obsidian × curious!child reader]

[#70: The Gem War]

[[Just so you know, Snowflake Obsidian is a gem that Bismuth earlier mentioned as "Snowflake".]]

"Hey, Snowflake, what's the Gem War like?" you asked the gem, propping your elbows onto her legs. She chuckled and picked you up, setting you on her lap.

"Well, the War isn't really a... 'kid-friendly' subject, (Y/N)," she said, ruffling your hair. You crossed your arms and pouted, "Hey, I'm a big kid! Garnet says so!" You looked over at your fusion friend, smiling wide at her.

"They're right. I did tell them that," Garnet said in a monotone voice as she leaned against the wall. Snowflake hummed and pretended as if she were thinking.

"C'mon, pleaseee?" you pleaded, giving the gem your best puppy eyes. She chuckled and patted your back, "Awe, fine." You pumped your arm, cheering.

"Before I met Rose Quartz, I was used to get gems to tell the truth about their crimes or secrets. My power is to bring unbalanced secrets to the surface," she began, looking a little distressed.

"But sometimes, the 'crimes' that gems committed weren't even bad. And sometimes I'd even be forced by other gems to spill secrets from their enemies or others. I didn't want to do that. It was cruel to make people tell secrets, unless it was necessary.

"Then the war between Homeworld Gems and the Crystal Gems started. Since I was on Homeworld's side at the beginning, gems were ruthless and reckless. They'd use me for their own wants, sometimes torturing me in the process.

"I managed to escape, and that's when I met the fearless Rose Quartz and the terrifying renegade Pearl," she winked at Pearl, who blushed and turned away.

"I was scared at first. I'd heard that Rose's closest comrade, Pearl, would defeat any gem in a second just to defend Rose Quartz. But Rose stopped her before she could.

"Rose told me that I could join her rebellion. She said that I could fight against Homeworld and be free. I could be who I wanted to be, not what higher-class gems wanted me to be.

"So I did. Right now, I can be who I want, along with Garnet, Pearl, and every other gem on our team. Without Rose and this rebellion, Garnet wouldn't even be Garnet! Can you believe that?" Snowflake exclaimed, motioning towards the fusion. You gasped.

"Pearl would still be a servant without this rebellion. She wouldn't be the terrifying renegade that she is now. And me, well, I'd still be another Snowflake Obsidian, forced to do others' bidding and spill secrets.

"And one day, we're gonna win this war. And we're all gonna be free," she ended. You giggled and hugged her tightly, "You guys are amazing. You're all so brave. Do you think I can be as amazing and brave as you?"

"What? Of course! You already are, (Y/N). You're the bravest person I know," Snowflake told you, ruffling your hair. You grinned wide, "Really?"

"Yeah! Remember when you poofed that rouge gem who tried to raid our base all on your own? Now that was awesome."

You blushed and pressed your had to your cheek, staring down at the floor, "I guess it was."

"Remember, (Y/N), don't ever stick with something that doesn't feel right. Fight for what you know is right."

---

Okay, I finally finished this! I know it's short, I'm sorry. This was requested by Aviacc98! I hope you like it, and I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted.

I did some research for this so ;).

Oh yeah! You all should read these books that I really like:

Steven Universe x reader by Oceanic_Crab

Steven universe One Shots by ImaginingCats

Rupphire/Garnet x Fem!Reader

Steven Universe Yuri One-Shots x Reader

Steven Universe Yuri Headcanons

^^^^ by DBZPOKEMONLOVERGIRL8 (they're really good at writing and I consider them my friend ♡♡♡)

Steven Universe Characters X Reader Oneshots by talle2014

&

Garnet x Reader

"Stronger Together" Garnet x Reader The Sequel

^^^^ by DorkyFlower

Okey bye.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡