[Lion × toddler reader]

[#81: The Lion]

You were alone in the hot and dry desert. You sat under a tall block of stiff sand, staring out at the emptiness of the desert. You felt something nudge your shoulder, so you looked up with wide eyes.

A pink lion stared down at you. He sniffed you for a few seconds with his heart-shaped nose, and suddenly pushed you over. He laid on top of you, rubbing his fluffy, pink mane on you. You giggled, enjoying the attention.

"Kitty," you giggled, wrapping your arms around him. He licked your cheek, leaving slobber all down your face. You smiled wide and held his mouth, pretending to make him speak.

"I love you, (Y/N)," you made him say in your best impression of what you thought his voice would sound like.

"I loves you, too, Kitty!" you replied, kissing his nose. He stood up and tilted his head at you. You jumped up and stared into his eyes for a second. He moved his head, motioning towards his back. You gasped.

"You gonna gimme a ride?!" you shouted, your eyes filling with stars. Lion only blinked at you. You took that as a yes and smiled, "Okay!"

Lion kneeled down, allowing you to climb onto his back. You struggled for a few seconds, but Lion nudged you up with his nose to help. You held onto his mane and pet his head, "Good Kitty."

Lion began to run. The wind blew through his mane, pushing some of it into your face. You fought to move it away, spitting some of it out of your mouth.

Lion suddenly roared, creating a portal in front of him. You gasped as he jumped through it. Only a few seconds later, you and your new friend were in a completely different place.

It was dark, obviously nighttime, and the air was cool. It felt nice as it brushed against your face. You reached a hand out and let the wind hit it.

Lion slowed down to a walk and plopped down, his legs spreading out loosely. You laughed and hopped off of him, looking around at all of your surroundings. There was soft, green grass, flowers, tress. The moon was bright, illuminating the sky.

"Pretty," you mumbled, bending down to pick a flower from the ground. You turned around to face Lion and ran up to him. You stuck the flower into his mane and grinned, "Cute Kitty." You hugged him tightly.

You hurried over to the patch of flowers and sat down to gather a bunch. As you did so, you didn't notice a pair of glowing eyes in the bushes. The creature growled, startling you.

You tried to back up, but the creature reached out and wrapped it's huge, clawed hand around you. You cried for Lion, who quickly stood up and growled lowly. He advanced towards you and the creature that held you, his eyes beginning to glow and his sharp teeth visible.

The creature growled back.

Lion jumped up and landed on the creature, erupting a squeal from it. It dropped you and crawled away, whining the whole way. Your heart pounded in your chest. You looked up at Lion and hugged him, "Thanks, Kitty."

Lion rubbed his head against you and plopped on top of you. You giggled loudly, squeezing out from under him. You snuggled up against him, stroking his pink fur.

He yawned and laid his head down on his paws. You closed your eyes and yawned as well, getting comfortable in the warmth of Lion's mane. You quickly fell asleep.

Lion opened one eye and took one more look at you before falling asleep himself.

---

This was requested by Aviacc98! I hope you like it! I just suddenly got some inspiration by watching Shane Dawson videos for some reason. Shane always makes me happy:)

This is short, but I hope it's not too bad. I also haven't looked over it yet, so there are probably some mistakes.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all

- Aehlyn ♡