[The Crystal Gems × gem!reader]

[#13: An Official Crystal Gem]

"Garnet! Let me go on this mission with you!" you begged the tall gem who was about to leave on the Warp Pad. She just shook her head and her and the rest of the gems warped away.

You sighed and crossed your arms. You touched your gem and thought to yourself, If you would just do your job and give me my weapon, then I would be able to go on missions!

You plopped onto the couch and decided to practice pulling the weapon out, like the gems had taught you. You tried and tried but nothing happened.

Suddenly, you heard the Warp Pad and the gems were back. Amethyst had some weird goo all over her, but that wasn't surprising.

"Goop hug!" she shouted and chased after Pearl, who ran around screaming, "Amethyst don't you dare touch me with that disgusting goo all over you!"

You giggled and watched as Amethyst finally caught Pearl and squeezed her. Pearl stood there angrily.

"Garnet! What did you guys do on the mission?!" you asked, running up to her. She picked you up so you were face-to-face.

"We fought a giant foot!" Amethyst interrupted, causing Pearl to sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose. You gasped with stars in your eyes.

"Really?!" you exclaimed, squishing Garnet's cheeks with your hands.

"...no," she replied monotonously. You frowned, "Then what did you do?" Garnet adjusted her visors.

"We fought a gem monster that exploded and hit Amethyst with that goo," she answered, pointing to Amethyst who was licking some goo off of her hand.

Pearl screamed at the gem not to do that and you laughed. Garnet set you back down on your feet. Then she ordered Amethyst to clean herself off.

"Awe come on! It's cool!" Amethyst frowned. She then ran after you and wiped goo all over you. Garnet gave her a glare and she immediately ran to her room.

"Ew! There's gooey gross stuff on me!" you cringed, sticking your tongue out in disgust. Pearl walked over to you with a towel and wiped you off.

"Thanks, Pearl!" you gave her a big, toothy, smile. She smiled back; a genuine, happy smile.

You decided to watch Pearl teach Stevonnie more about combat. You cheered them on in the stands; you always loved to watch Stevonnie take on the holo-pearls. It was entertaining.

Stevonnie finally finished their training and you clapped, telling them how good they were getting.

"I hope to be as good as you someday, Stevonnie!" you exclaimed. They blushed and smiled, hugging you.

Later, you hung out with Amethyst and jumped into puddles in her room with her. She also attempted to get you to eat-- she chanted the words "Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" over and over while you held a slice of pizza to your lips. Eventually you gave in, but then threw up all over the purple gem.

Next, you stood next to Pearl as she helped you with trying to get your weapon out. She tried so many things, but nothing would work. You gave up and walked away with a frown on your face and your arms crossed over your chest. Pearl felt bad for you-- you had really wanted to use your weapon.

Then, you and Garnet worked on your fusion dance. You were really clumsy and fell over a lot, so you didn't get much done. But Garnet was patient; she never yelled at you once. That's one of the many things you loved about the tall gem.

Finally, Steven brought you to Funland to ease your troubles. You were really working yourself up over the gem stuff. You had a lot of fun with Steven. He was your best friend; he was like a brother to you.