[Jasper × toddler reader]

[#2: Shut the Hell Up]

Jasper groaned when the tiny human began to cry again. She had been forced by the Diamonds to take the human to Homeworld so they could research it.

"How the hell do you get that runt to shut up?!" she growled to Peridot, who was fumbling with the ship's controls.

Peridot sighed and finished pressing buttons. She spun around in the chair and pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers- sorry, I mean "touch stumps".

"I don't know, you clod! I don't know anything about stupid humans!" the green gem shouted, throwing her hands into the air. She then rested her clenched fists at her side and swirled back around, messing with controls again. She had been trying to figure out what was wrong with the ship.

Jasper rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She stomped over to you, the human, and glared at you.

"What do you want, tiny human?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. You just continued to cry and stretched your arms out to her, pleading to be held.

She didn't understand and just growled at you. She was frustrated and she wished she knew what to do to get you to shut the hell up. She barred her sharp canines.

She leaned closer to you and you grabbed her hair, ceasing your crying. She narrowed her eyes and yanked her hair away from your grasp. You opened your mouth again and bawled harder.

The large gem rolled her eyes and leaned over you again, allowing you to grab her hair. You giggled as you played with it in your tiny fingers.

This human is actually cute... Wait, what am I thinking?! She blushed at her thoughts. She couldn't possibly find a human cute! Humans were disgusting!

Jasper carefully picked you up and allowed you to play with her hair. It was the only way to keep you quiet.

"M- Mama!" you giggled, cuddling into her chest. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at you. She didn't know what "Mama" meant.

You touched Jasper's face and squished her cheeks in your hands, giggling loudly. She wasn't amused.

"Hey, stop that, human!" she pushed your hands away. You just continued to grab at her face. She eventually stopped struggling and your hands roamed her face.

You sat up straight in her arms touched her gem. She hissed and made you lie back down on your back.

"Mama! Mama!" you babbled over and over, waving your hands around and attempting to get to her gem.

"Peridot! What the hell does the word 'Mama' mean? This tiny human keeps repeating it!" Jasper asked the green gem.

Peridot sighed, but, processing what Jasper had said, she started to laugh.

"What? What are you laughing at?" Jasper growled, sighing when you managed to sit up again and grab her gem.

"'Mama' is something humans call the female who birthed them. But, sometimes, they just call their female caregivers that," Peridot chuckled, smirking at the orange gem.

Jasper frowned. She definitely did not give birth to this human and she was not it's caregiver. She wasn't fond of being called "Mama".

"How do I get it to stop calling me that?!" Jasper questioned, frustrated. She glared down at you.

Peridot only shrugged and grinned. She loved to see Jasper struggle.

"Mama! Mama! Mamaaaa!" you kicked your legs and swung your arms around. Jasper barred her canines at you and grunted.

After a while, the orange gem was growing sort of fond of you. Of course, she would rather be shattered than admit that.

She sat in a chair with you securely placed on her lap. You clapped your hands and giggled.

Jasper slightly smiled, not realizing that Peridot was watching. Peridot laughed and teased Jasper for her fondness towards you.

"Laugh again and I'll break you," Jasper snapped lowly, not wanting you to cry again. She knew that loud noises made you cry.

Peridot gulped and faced the controls, swiftly moving her fingers to put in the coordinates to the Diamonds. She had finally fixed the ship.

Once the ship started, she pressed another button that made the ship speed up. You whimpered and nuzzled yourself into Jasper. She protectively placed a hand over you.

It's okay, tiny human. Jasper thought, blushing at herself. She was such a softy when it came down to you.

It wasn't a long time before you made it to where the Diamonds were. Jasper frowned when she realized she would never see you again...

She held you closely as she made her way to Yellow and Blue Diamond. They stared down at her but looked pleased when they saw you in her arms.

"You've brought the human..," Yellow Diamond said as she studied you. You looked up at her with big, (E/C) eyes. She was huge, even bigger than Jasper, and she scared you.

You whimpered and wrapped your arms around Jasper's neck. Yellow Diamond chuckled in response and waved Jasper off, telling her to put you in a cell.

Jasper nodded and walked away to the cells. She knew humans could escape from the regular cells they used for gems, but there was one with solid bars, too.

She gave you a look of sorrow as she carefully set you in the cell and closed it. You began to cry when she stepped away, out of your sight.

"M- Mama! Mama! Maaaamaaaa! Mamaaa!" you sobbed, curling into a ball in the corner. You covered your face with your tiny hands and cried.

You wailed for a long time until you saw Jasper heading towards your cell. You hiccupped as you called for her.

"Ma- *hiccup* ma! M- Mama! Mamaaaaa! *hiccup* Mama!" you reached a small hand towards her, but she ignored you as if you weren't there.

I'm sorry, tiny human. She thought to herself, giving you one last glance before disappearing again.

A little while later, a Pearl was sent to give you food since you had to eat to survive. The Pearl looked at you sympathetically as she placed food in the cell for you before walking off.

Hours went by and the Diamonds had sent gems to inspect you, find out more about you. You had attempted to get away from them but realized it was no use.

You were very tired when they had left you alone, and you fell asleep in the small, lonely cell.

You awoke in Jasper's arms. You were both in a ship, and you realized that it was Peridot's ship. Jasper was bringing you back to Earth.

"Mama?" you looked up at her with sad eyes. She hugged you tighter.

Jasper looked and acted uncaring most of the time, but you knew that deep down inside, she wasn't uncaring. She cared about you.

And as she held you on the drive back to Earth, you swear you could hear her whisper, "It's okay, tiny human. I will protect you."

---

Jasper cares about you aweeee *makes kawaii potato face*

This book actually got a lot more reads and votes than I thought it would yey. Thank you!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all

- Aehlyn