[Stevonnie × preteen reader]

[#46: Stevonnie]

"Hey, dork, leaving so soon?" a voice snickered. You sighed and attempted to continue walking, but you were jerked back a kid named Brayden. He pinned you down in a headlock and rubbed his knuckles against your scalp. You hissed in pain.

"Let me go!" you shouted, thrashing in the boy's arms. Him and the rest of your classmates only laughed. You were shoved to the ground and kicked once, and then they all ran away giggling.

You were already bruised enough, but you hid it from the gems and Steven and Connie. You didn't want them to see that you were too weak to fight back. You didn't want them to get in the middle of it.

You stood up, your side aching from where you were kicked. You winced at the pain and slowly made your way home, sighing in relief once you opened the door to the Temple.

"Took ya long enough! Why were you gone so long?!" Amethyst asked, pulling you into a hug. She squeezed your bruised sides, causing you to flinch.

"Dunno," you answered dully, shrugging. Amethyst narrowed her eyes at you, but then only shrugged.

No one suspected anything until you went to change into your pajamas. Just as you pulled your shirt up, the door burst open. Dang, forgot to lock it! You scowled, yanking your shirt down. You hoped that whoever it was hadn't seen your bruises.

But they had. Steven did. He gasped, completely forgetting the fact that he had just burst into the bathroom right before you were about to change. He scurried over to you, demanding to see the damage your bullies had caused. You reluctantly agreed.

"Who did this to you?!" he shouted, his eyes filling with tears. His fists were clenched at his sides and he looked genuinely angry, something you'd barely ever seen on the chubby boy.

"Just some bozos at school, Steven. I'm fine," you muttered, crossing your arms and turning your head away. Steven wouldn't have it. He shook his head and pulled you into a hug.

"Well, those bozos aren't gonna mess with my (Y/N)!" he exclaimed, exiting the bathroom. You didn't know what he had in mind. He didn't seem like the type to get into a fight, though he definitely would be able to keep himself from getting hurt. I mean, he had a shield in his belly button.

You decided to just go with the flow and let him do what he decided to do. You changed into pajamas and fell asleep, not even thinking twice when you didn't see Steven in his bed.

[~]

After school, you hurried to get home. But, as luck would have it, your tormentors showed up to harass you in the schoolyard, where no teachers were watching. How convenient. Did the school even care for their students?!

"Hello little crybaby. Ready for your daily dose of fist in your face?" Brayden teased, smirking at you. You weren't even going to attempt to fight him. You turned to face him with your head hung low.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" a familiar voice called. You gasped and spun around, your eyes landing on the human/gem.

"Stevonnie?!" you exclaimed, your eyes widening. You'd seen them before when they trained with Pearl a few times. They looked like an older teenager, someone kids your age wouldn't want to mess with.

"Who's the little punk who thinks it's okay to hit my (Y/N)?" they asked, crossing their arms and glaring at your classmates. Brayden rolled his eyes.

"What're you gonna do 'bout it, chick?" he chuckled, smirking.

"I suggest you just walk away now before this gets ugly, little guy," Stevonnie hissed, clenching theirs fists at their sides.

"Stevonnie, don't--"

"No, (Y/N)! We're not going to let someone hurt you like that! We both care for you too much to let this happen!" they shouted, tears forming in their eyes. You nodded and gave them a small smile. They really cared for you a lot.

"Aw how cute! They love each other!" Brayden snickered, pointing his finger to his open mouth and pretending to gag. Everyone giggled.

"Listen, jerk, you best leave (Y/N) alone," Stevonnie warned, stepping closer. They towered over all your classmates, which sparked fear in the smaller children's eyes.

"Or what?" Brayden sneered, smirking up at Stevonnie.

"Oh, you don't wanna know," the fusion spoke lowly, bending down to be Brayden's height. They grabbed the collar of his shirt and glared at him. He dangled off of the ground, thrashing his feet around.

"Woah, woah, okay! Okay! Put me down! I won't mess with the kid anymore!" he exclaimed, clawing at Stevonnie's hand. They hummed in response.

"Promise?" they questioned, clutching his shirt tighter. He nodded, "Promise! Just, lemme go!"

Stevonnie seemed satisfied at that. They dropped him in mid air, causing a loud "thump" when he collided with the ground. He immediately stood up and took off, along with the other kids.

"Thanks, Stevonnie," you smiled at the fusion, hugging their leg. They chuckled and patted your head, "No prob, Bob."

"It's... (Y/N)."

---

Hey! This is long overdue, I'm terribly sorry!

This was requested by Wolfgirl016, hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡