[Sardonyx × child reader]

[#47: Birthday Party]

You helped Amethyst set up decorations for your birthday. The color scheme was all (F/C), which you were happy about. You stood back and admired all of the work so far with a big smile on your face.

"How does it look so far, (Y/N)? Is it superb?" Pearl asked, clasping her hands together. You planted your hands on your hips and grinned up at her.

"It's amazing, P! You guys are awesome!" you exclaimed, wrapping your arms around her small frame. She chuckled and hugged you back, patting your head afterwards.

When the decorations were finally finished, everyone sat down to take a break. Light chatter and laughter spread across the sunny, sandy beach to which your small party would be held.

The gems wanted you to have the best party they could muster up, even if it wasn't much. You loved them to bits for their dedication to your happiness.

Garnet and Pearl informed you that there would be a special guest performing at your party. You had no clue who that could be, but you were very excited.

The gems had set up many activities for you, Steven, and them to do. They might not have enjoyed it like you and Steven did, but they did it nonetheless.

The sky was getting dark. The activities had all been over and done with, so now you awaited the arrival of your surprise party performer.

You all sat on the sand until Garnet stood up. She announced that your surprise guest was almost here. You cheered, squeezing Steven in a tight hug.

Pearl climbed to her feet as well. The two gems walked a few feet away and smiled at you. You were picking up slowly on what was going on.

"Wait, is the surprise performer a fusion?!" you gasped, squishing your cheeks with the palms of your hands. Garnet and Pearl both nodded.

You watched intently as they danced. A bright light engulfed them until suddenly, they were one. A curtain appeared, and they were opened by a tall gem fusion. You stood abruptly and gasped, gazing at her with star-eyes.

"The wonderful Sardonyx is finally here! And tonight, I'm performing at a special little human's birthday, isn't that right, (Y/N)?" the fusion announced, smiling down at you with her gapped front teeth.

"Yeah!" you exclaimed, throwing your hands into the air. Sardonyx smiled wide and grabbed you, pulling you up to be closer to her face. She seemed to be examining you.

"My, my. Aren't you an adorable little thing? I could just squish you; you're so tiny!" she shouted, throwing her head back and laughing loudly. She squished you in her hands.

"No, Sardonyx! Don't squish me!" you giggled, pushing her hands apart. She looked up at the sky as if she were thinking deeply.

"Oh, alright then. But only because I can't squish something so adorable," she agreed, placing you back on the ground. Then she spoke again, "Hey, would you like to see something incredible?"

You gasped and nodded vigorously. She chuckled and pulled a spear out of the gem on her forehead, throwing it into the air. She then tapped on her shoulder with one of her hands, pretending to be distracted.

"Oh, right!" she smiled and jumped high into the air while summoning her gauntlets. She pressed them together against the spear, and then landed on the ground. The weapon increased incredibly in size, and she held it over her shoulder while grinning wide.

"Woah! That was awesome, Sardonyx!" you exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Yes, I know! I am the elegant Sardonyx, aren't I? I can't be bland," she replied, placing on hand on her hip with sass. You watched her with admiration as she showed you a few tricks.

Amethyst didn't look happy, but Steven did. He was smiling the whole time, probably happy that Sardonyx was there. You wondered why Amethyst was being sour, but didn't question it.

"Well, my time is up, little (Y/N). If you ever need me, just let Garnet and Pearl know. I'll be there in a flash. Literally," she announced, and then unfused, leaving Garnet and Pearl behind.

You jumped into their arms, gushing over how much you loved Sardonyx and also how amazing your birthday was. Garnet seemed excited, wanting to know exactly how you felt about Sardonyx. It wasn't her usual, serious behavior, but you liked it anyways.

"You guys are the best! And so is Sardonyx!" you told them as everyone gathered inside. Both Garnet and Pearl ruffled your hair, seeming very happy.

---

This was requested by AmberGoldenHeart! I hope you like it!

GUYS!!!!! OVER 5K READS ON THIS BOOK!!!!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOOOOME!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Shoutout to SnowBeanz, Skylar017, LapisLazuli_Official, and anyone else who votes, comments, reads, and supports this book or me in any way! I'm really sorry if I didn't mention you here if this applies to you if I haven't given you a shoutout before!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡