[Pearl × child reader]

[ #38: The Solo Mission]

You gazed around The Temple once more to make sure that no one was there. You blew the Warp Whistle as you stood on the Warp Pad.

The Warp Pad sent you to a large grassy area, in which you had known a monster was in. You took a deep breath and felt for the sword that was strapped to your back to calm you.

You began to walk and peered around uneasily, searching for any sight of the monster. You started to feel doubt and a sadness spread through your heart.

You quickly shook it off and pinched your eyes shut, listening closely for any sound. Nothing. You were getting impatient.

"Come on and get me you big stupid monster! I'm not afraid of you and your dumb ugly face!" you shouted, clenching your fists at your sides.

The sound of growling caused your eyes to go wide. You whimpered and slowly craned your neck to see behind you.

There it was. The monster. It looked absolutely terrifying and you gulped, staring into its big, angry eyes.

"Um... about what I said... You're not that stupid and your face isn't really that dumb and ugly... I was just kidding earlier..," you said with a shaky voice.

The monster only narrowed its eyes and stepped closer. You backed away only for your heel to come in contact with a rock. You waved your arms around, trying to stand your ground, but you lost balance.

You landed on your bottom and stared up at the monster. Tears pushed at your eyes and you threw your arms over your head protectively.

"Please! Don't eat me! I'm too young and amazing to die!" you shouted, your voice cracking. The tears finally won and leaked from your eyes.

The warm tears spilled down your cheeks and you felt the monster coming closer. As you awaited your doom, the only thought in your mind was: Pearl, please save me!

The monster's hot, sticky breath blew against your hair and you reached for your sword. You looked up and bravely jerked the sword out, aiming it at the creature.

"D-Don't come any closer! I have a sword and I'm not afraid t-to use it!" you stammered, your arms shaky and weak. The sword threatened to fall to the ground; your hands were too sweaty and the sword was growing too heavy to hold.

The monster let out a loud noise that sounded like laughter. Actually, it was more like cackling. You stepped backwards.

The creature lunged for you and pounced on top of you. It furiously clawed at you, ripping your skin and pouring your blood everywhere.

You screamed at the pain and the weight of the creature on your body. You screamed until you had no air left. The monster was crushing you and your lungs, limiting your air supply.

With the last bit of strength you had, you stretched an arm out for your sword, that lay almost out of your reach.

Your fingers curled around the handle and you jerked it through the monster. It howled and erupted into a cloud of smoke, leaving behind its gem.

You sat up, sputtering for air and you clutched your stomach. The tears were soaking your face and even your shirt.

You were losing consciousness. The world started to fade into nothingness. Blackness surrounded you until you went limp.

The Warp Pad let off its normal sound and glow as it was activated. A skinny, pale gem searched around frantically for you.

She ran forwards until she found your unconscious body, your sword, and the poofed gem. With tears in her eyes, she bubbled the gem and sent it back to The Temple.