[Malachite × child reader]

[#44: Ocean Accident]

[Warning: this one-shot sort of has a lil Jaspis in it :P]

"You ready, (Y/N)?" Malachite asked as she aided you in climbing onto her. You held onto her tightly and beamed.

"Yup!" you answered, popping the p. You were very excited to go flying over the ocean with Malachite.

"Hold on tight!" the fusion said, her water wings flapping as she began to rise. Once the height increased, you stared down at the land below you and gasped at the sight.

The fusion began to glide over the ocean, the breeze hitting your face and blowing through your (H/L), (H/C) hair. You threw one hand into the air and held onto Malachite with the other, cheering loudly. Malachite did a flip, sending you upside down. You laughed, the moment exhilarating.

You continued to fly for a while, enjoying the sight of the waves under you and the feeling of spending quality time with two of your mother figures fused into one. It felt so magical and amazing, and you began to forget to hold on...

You were slipping off of Malachite, but you didn't notice until it was too late. You began to fall into the ocean, a scream escaping your lips. You plunged into the water, causing a loud "smack" sound as you collided with the surface.

You thrashed your arms around, your mouth opening for air but only welcoming a mouthful of water into your lungs. Before it could do too much damage, though, you were pulled into the air once again.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?!" Malachite asked, worry in her four eyes. You continued to sputter and cough up water, your shaky arms holding onto the fusion for dear life.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good..," you assured her after most of the water was out of your system. Malachite sighed deeply, "I'm sorry, (Y/N)..."

You hugged her tightly, "It's okay, Mal. You didn't know it was going to happen. It was my fault for not holding on like you told me to. I'm fine, see?" You gave her a big, goofy smile. She craned her neck to see you and smiled, chuckling softly.

She headed back to land. You made sure to hold onto her tightly, but still enjoyed the ride. By the time you made it back to the barn-- where Lapis, Peridot, and Jasper lived-- you were completely dry.

Malachite unfused and Lapis and Jasper followed you inside. They both sat on the couch and you hopped into Jasper's lap, cuddling the two of them.

"I love you guys," you mumbled, smiling as they both wrapped their arms around you. They both replied in unison:

"We love you, too, (Y/N)."

---

This one's short but sweet. It was requested by AmberGoldenHeart, so I hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡