[Pearl × infant reader]

[#57: The Beach]

The pale, skinny gem ran her hands down her face. She was stressed and annoyed at all of the noise that Amethyst and Steven were making inside. She sighed and looked back, quickly sneaking out of the door before anyone noticed.

She walked to the beach with her eyes closed, feeling the soft breeze of the wind on her skin. She heard a noise and her blue eyes snapped open, gazing around for the source. Her eyes landed on a human baby who sat in the sand.

"A human..?" she mumbled, raising an eyebrow. She looked all around for the guardian(s) of the child, but saw nothing but the endless stretch of Earth. She decided to get a better look and got on her knees beside you.

You giggled and reached out for her with tiny fingers. She carefully picked you up and cradled you in her arms. You stared at her with big, (E/C) eyes and a toothless smile. She couldn't help but grin.

"What are you doing out here, little human?" she asked, not expecting an answer. She had learned from experience that human babies could not talk properly or hold a conversation.

You wrapped your fingers around one of hers and yawned loudly. Your eyes fluttered closed and you nuzzled closer to Pearl's chest, falling asleep.

"I think I'll keep you... (Y/N)," she said softly, standing up. She made her way back to the Temple and entered the door. She was greeted by Amethyst dancing on the table and singing loudly, and Steven spraying whip cream into his mouth.

The human boy finally noticed Pearl at the entrance and gasped, setting the spray can on the table and running over to the pale gem. Amethyst followed, even though she didn't know what Steven was seeing.

"Pearl! A baby?! Where'd you get it?!" Steven asked, stars in his eyes.

"They were on the beach. I think they were left there," she replied, frowning. She didn't understand why a human would leave a baby unattended on a beach. There were so many bad things that could've happened to you if she hadn't of found you in time.

"Are you gonna keep them?" Steven asked, standing on his tiptoes to get a better look at you. Pearl opened her mouth to answer, but was interrupted by a British accented voice.

"Yes. Keep them, Pearl," Garnet answered, her arms crossed over her chest. Pearl smiled and nodded, looking down at your sleeping figure in her arms.

"What's their name?" Amethyst questioned, plopping onto the couch. Pearl immediately replied, "(Y/N). I came up with it myself. Don't you think it fits them, Steven?"

Steven nodded vigorously with a huge smile on his face. Pearl grinned proudly.

"My little (Y/N)," she mumbled, caressing your cheek with her thumb.

---

This was requested by LapisLazuli_Official! I hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡