[Jasper × preteen reader]

[#32: She's Not Bad]

It had been a few months since Jasper's redemption. She was still getting used to everything, and she was still getting used to being nice. She snapped a lot, but you were used to it.

The gems were wary of Jasper, well, except Steven. They never left Jasper alone with you because they were so afraid. You didn't understand why they worried so much. You knew it in your heart that Jasper would never hurt you.

"Jasper! You should come to Funland with meee!" you begged. The large gem crossed her arms and looked over at Garnet, who was leaning against the counter.

"I would (Y/N). But I don't think the perma-fusion would allow that," Jasper said. You sighed deeply and face palmed.

"Jasper! Her name is Garnet! It's rude to call her 'the perma-fusion'. How many times do I have to tell you that?!" you snapped. Jasper rolled her cat-like eyes.

"Please Garnet! Can Jasper go to Funland with me?! Pwease?!" you asked, giving her your best puppy eyes. The fusion cracked a small smile, thinking about how adorable you were.

"How could I say no to that face?" she replied. You cheered, pumping your fists into the air.

You grabbed Jasper and pulled her off of the couch with all of your strength. She groaned and followed your lead.

Mr. Smiley greeted you, raising an eyebrow at the large gem that held your hand. He knew your family was weird, but Jasper was an all new weird.

"Hey Mr. Smiley! This is my bestest friend Jasper. She has really big muscles! See?" you pointed to her arms. She smirked and flexed, causing you to giggle.

After getting "All Day" bracelets, you spotted a game that could put Jasper's muscles to use, so you jerked her away.

"Look! Garnet almost broke this game when she first played it. Maybe you could, ya know, prove that you're stronger than her?" you said, handing her the mallet.

"Ha! Obviously I'm stronger than that perma-- I mean, Garnet," she corrected herself. You smiled proudly. You were finally getting through to the muscled gem.

She seemed to understand what to do and slammed the mallet onto the pad. She got the highest rank, and the game almost fell apart. You were glad it didn't, though, you didn't want to get banned from something else.

"Well, look at that! You're so strong, Jaz!" you cooed, hugging her leg. She bared her sharp canines in a smirk and ruffled your hair.

"Let's get some snacks!" you exclaimed, dragging her to a food stand.

You ordered cotton candy and a few other things. You handed the cotton candy off to Jasper and told her to eat it. She refused.

"Come ooon! You know you want toooo!" you shouted, jumping up and down. She sighed and did as you said.

"Do you like it?!" you asked excitedly. She nodded with a smile and ate the whole thing while you giggled.

"Uh... Steven got us all banned from that ride... so no... let's go on this one! The Zipper!" you suggested with an evil smile.