Chapter 79

I pace around the shop with many thoughts running through my mind. Tonks had her baby last night and Remus is bringing the baby to the shop so I can meet the new addition. I hear George say,"Stop pacing, Rayla. It's not like youre gonna drop the kid." I laugh at his remark and finally manage to stop pacing. The bell on the door rings and I sprint through the store. I stop when I see Remus holding a little bundle of blankets. I can feel myself tear up. I slowly walk towards Remus and smile when I finally see the little baby bundled in blankets. Remus looks at me and says,"Meet Edward Lupin. Would you like to hold him?" I nod and Remus sets the baby into my arms. A tear falls down my cheek and Remus quickly wipes it away. The Twins walk up beside me and George says,"It's kind of squishy looking." I turn to him and glare,"Why cant you just call him cute like a normal person?" He shrugs and Fred says,"Well I think he is adorable." I smile at him and look back down at the baby,"Hello Teddy." Remus perks up and says,"I like that. I think we will call him Teddy." I nod and say,"He does look a lot like you." Remus grins and says,"I have a question for you. Since I am your godfather and I do think of you like a daughter, I was wondering if you would become Teddy's godmother?" I look up at him quickly and say,"Are you being serious? Id love to be this little ones godmother!" Remus responds,"Im glad you accepted. I got word that Harry,Ron, and Hermione are with Bill and Fleur. I plan on asking Harry if he will be Teddy's godfather." I nod and notice that Teddy is smiling. I rub his cheek with my thumb. I would love to have a kid as cute as this one. I look up at Fred and ask,"Do you wanna hold him?" He nods and I place the baby in his arms. Seeing Fred holding Teddy makes my heart flutter. He holds Teddy's close to him. Teddy grabs Fred's pointer finger and a blush reaches my face. I turn to Remus and ask,"Will you tell the Trio that we say hello?" He nods and hugs me. Teddy Lupin is going to be one spoiled kid, he is surrounded by people that love him. After a while Teddy and Remus leave to visit the Trio. Before I can walk back up to the flat I hear the bell ring again. I turn around and see my mother standing in the doorway. I run up to her and she takes me in her arms. I havent seen her in a while and its always a treat to see her. She pulls away from the hug and says,"I really wish I was here for happier reasons. It's time we start preparing." George asks,"Preparing for what?" My mother sighs and says,"For the war. The order has a feeling when it will happen." I turn to Fred and bury my face in his chest. I tried my best to push away the idea of the war but now it's starting to truly feel real. The Wizarding World is going to war soon.