Chapter 63

My eyes fly open when George jumps on the bed yelling,"Morning lovebirds! It's Christmas!" I groan and say,"You are 18 years old and still get this excited on Christmas morning?" He nods and gets off of the bed running downstairs. I move to get up but Fred traps me in his arms. I giggle as he pulls me into his chest,"We better go downstairs before your mother gets the wrong idea." Fred chuckles,"Let her think what she wants. I just want to hold you." I kiss him softly and whisper,"Well you can do that whenever you want." 

After about an hour of just cuddling Fred and I get out of bed. I walk over to my things and change into a white skirt that ends just a bit above my knees and a blue sweater. I walk down the stairs with Fred and see everyone sitting at the table. I walk over and sit next to George and Fred sits on the other side of me. I watch as Ron helps Molly bring all of the presents to the table. Molly hands out ll of the presents and I cant help but feel a bit surprised when I get a few gifts. After each present is handed out Molly says,"Alright everyone, go ahead and open." I laugh as I watch Ron rip into his presents excitedly." 

A little while passes and everyone has opened their presents and are all talking in separate places. I am sitting on the couch with my legs drapes across Fred's lap and thinking about the presents I received. Ginny and Hermione both got me a books, Ron gave me candy, Harry bought me a knit hat, Molly and Arthur gave me a sweater, Tonks gave me a few of her old clothes,Remus bought me a single white rose, and Georgie made me a vile of calming draught. I was a bit confused when I didnt see a gift from Fred but shrugged it off. I feel a hand on my knees and I look up from my book. Fred looks at me and then the door. I understand what he is saying and get off of the couch and walk towards the door with him. We step outside and he hugs me immediately. After he pulls away he reaches into his back pocket and pulls something out. He hangs it above his head and I look up to see mistletoe. I roll my eyes at his cheekiness and grab him by the tie he is wearing. I pull him down to meet my lips and he kisses back softly. I loose myself in the kiss. I feel safe with Fred. We pull away for air and I say,"Very cheeky of you Fred." Fred laughs,"It's one of my many talents." I smile and shiver a bit. He notices the shiver and opens his arms. I melt into him and his warmth. After a bit we both head back into the Burrow and spend time with his family.