Part Two: Schooling

xxx

xxx. GWEN IN HER ROOM, DRAWING SCRIBBLES ON HER DESK. Her dad walked in, obviously wanting to talk. "Danny," he asked.

"Yeah," she said, scrolling around in her chair.

"I wanted to talk with you."

"Hmm? Did I do something wrong?" She asked. Did I forget to do the dishes? Did I forget to let Arnel out?

Arnel was her dog. (who doesn't make his debut til chapter 18)

"No, I wanted to talk to you about the strip-mall," he said.

"You mean the one that Maggie, Mason and Peter and I go to," she answered.

"Yeah," he answered.

"What about it?"

"Remember Cobra Kai?" He asked, hoping she remembered all the stories he had told when she was younger. "Yeah, you beat that dojo in a tournament in '94 and '95," she answered.

"It reopened," he answered.

"Oh," she answered, making a perfect O with her mouth. "That's actually really bad timing..."

"Why?" Her dad asked, squinting his eyes.

"Um, I have been wondering if I could join a dojo, maybe something close. Maybe... take a shot at...Cobra Kai? It can't be as bad as it was in the 80s," she said. Her dad gave her a shocked face, as if she was telling him she was pregnant.

Yes, that was probably the worst time she could've said it but that was going be the only father-daughter time in a while.

"No. No, no. You won't join Cobra Kai, but MAYBE you could do it with me," her father said, giving her a look that said, I need someone.

"Dadddd," she whined then she saw his face. She bowed her head down in defeat. "Fine. Let me think about it," she said, smiling. "And if you don't want me to be in Cobra Kai is because you don't want me to get hurt, I can handle myself. I'm a LaRusso," she answered and her dad smiled.

"That's my girl. Jersey tough," he said, giving her a fist bump and giving her a kiss on the head.

 Jersey tough," he said, giving her a fist bump and giving her a kiss on the head