Part Thirty -Eight: Singing on Stage

Gwen was dragged back to the planning rokm to get ready. "Couldn't I at least talk to Miguel?" She groaned.

"Well, then, it wouldn't be a surprise to him, plus Maggie and that boy... MASON!! that's right! are keeping him busy..."

Gwen was shown her outfit.

She sat in her chair, eyes closed

She sat in her chair, eyes closed. "OK, everyone, she's on in five minutes. Tracy's making us lucky tonight. She hasn't even told the people!" Christina exclaimed.

"How do we know people are gonna listen to me," Gwen asked.

"Gwenny, honey, your last singing try-out for Quebek went all-out. You're famous in the music community here. And the All-Valley Champ thing added to it," Gwen's makeup artist, Trisha from Texas, said.

"OK.."

"Okay, chins up, smiles on," Christina instructed Gwen. She took a deep breath in.

"Is he in position?" Cris said, through the headpiece in her ear.

"Affirmative," Maggie answered quietly, from the crowd. "Okay," Monica Firman, the announcer for Valley Fest said, "wooh! What a night we have had! And it's only about to get better. You might know her as the singing sensation, first FEMALE All-Valley champ, daughter of 2 time winner, Former All-Valley champ, Daniel LaRusso. May I present to you, Gwendolyn LaRrusso!"

Gwen walked onto the stage, along with her singing double.

She smiled when she caught her father's attention in the crowd. He never took the time to see how beautiful she was. Her fair skin. Her dark hair and hazel brown eyes.

"She will be singing for us... Drumroll pleaaase... Good Time by Owl City, then a few other songs, including Sam Smith's Like I Can!" Monica said, hurrying off the stage. Gwen smiled and readjusted her earpiece.

She began by vocalizing. She could look around the crowd and see Maggie, Mason, Miguel, her family even Johnny. She shot them a few nervous smiles.

"Whoa oh oh oh,
It's always a good time
Whoa oh oh oh,
It's always a good time

Woke up on the right side of the bed
What's up with this Prince song inside my head?
Hands up if you're down to get down tonight
'Cause it's always a good time

Slept in all my clothes like I didn't care
Hopped into a cab, take me anywhere
I'm in if you're down to get down tonight
'Cause it's always a good time

Good morning and good night
I wake up at twilight
It's gonna be alright
We don't even have to try
It's always a good time

Whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh oh,
It's always a good time
Whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh oh,
We don't even have to try, it's always a good time