Part Thirty-Three: A Day at the Beach

Gwen sat on the beach, waiting for Miguel to join her

Gwen sat on the beach, waiting for Miguel to join her. She felt the Volleyball hit her neck, inflicting pain. "Ah! Hey!!" She yelled, holding her neck for comfort. "Oh shit, sorry 'Danny,'" Hawk said.

"Even though I told you my middle name doesn't mean you get to use it on me," she said, picking the Volleyball up.

"Sorry, 'Danny,'" Hawk copied, smiling. Gwen rolled her eyes and smiled, she held the Volleyball up and began chasing Hawk around.

"Come back here, you bitch!" She called out. She threw the ball, hitting the boy square in the back. "HA!" she laughed, pointing at him. "Serves... You...right," she said, lying down on her towel.

She began sketching, as always. She flipped through her sketchbook. She looked at the photos.

Maggie, Miguel, Miguel, Mason, her dad, her mom, Miguel, Sam, Anthony, Maggie, Miguel. Most for them consisted of Miguel. One was him when he was covered in concrete, one from the Halloween dance and one was of him kissing her, which she found from Maggie.

"Oh, who's that handsome devil," a unknown voice said from behind her. She stood up, bringing her sketchbook with her.

"I don't know, but if you find him, will you ask him who this beautiful girl is," she said, pointing to the sketch of Miguel kissing her.

"Will do," Miguel said. He turned around then turned around again. "Oh, um.. A girl told me to tell you you're beautiful," he flirted.

"Is it just her?" Gwen flirted back.

"No."

After that laugh, Gwen's frown faded, looking at Miguel's, that was drained. "Dude, what's wrong?" Hawk asked Miguel.

"It's about Sensei."

Miguel explained as Gwen looked at a few little kids, as in 12, 11 and 10 year olds, doing Cheerleading with their coach. They were struggling as Gwen could tell. Maggie looked at Gwen. "Ya thinkin' what I'm thinking?"

"But there are only two of us," Gwen chuckled. "So? It'll be twice the disappointment," Maggie said as she stood up.

"Fine."

The Cobra Kais walked as Gwen and Maggie made their way to the Cheer squad. "Gwenny!" Larissa, Peter's youngest sibling, yelled. Larissa ran over to Gwen and hugged her.

"Hey kiddo," Gwen said.

"Hey Coach Susan," Maggie said.

"Hey girlies, watcha doin'?"

"Seeing if you need some help with the littlies. Want some?"

"Ah, thank you, girls. It is hard when you get older and you're a Cheerleading coach," Susan said, laughing. "Anyway, we're trying to dance to "Firework, by Katy Perry," but they can't get the move right," Susan complained. "OK, what're the moves?"

"A throw-up spin, front flip down. Oh! And make sure one arms in the front and ones in the back and make sure you twirl when you're landing!"

Gwen was always confused of Susan's talking. She didn't know the correct words, but Maggie could understand. But at that point, they did understand.

"Now, you ready?"

"Let's do it."

Susan began playing the song and Gwen was the flyer for this. She stood on Susan and Maggie's hands, until they shot them up, bringing Gwen with them. She flew into the air twirling, then did a front flip in the air. She landed on her legs (no dip) crouching.

They all began getting crowded with kids. Gwen, wanting to have some fun, began running from them, only for them to follow. Susan, who was fun like that, grabbed the music player as Firework still played.

Do you ever feel like plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?

Do you ever feel, oh, so paper thin? Like a house of cards, always caved in!

Gwen, who was running from the kids couldn't help but laugh. For the kids, it was full-blown running, but for Gwen and Maggie, it was jogging.

"Sing! Sing! Sing!" The girls yelled towards the older ones. Gwen stopped running, taking a deep breath in.

"You just gotta ignite, the light! And let it shine! Just own the night like the Fourth of July! Cause baby, you're a firework! C'mon, show em' what you're worth! Make em' go uh-uh-uh, as you shoot across the sky! Baby, you're a firework! C'mon let your colors burst!"

After the song was over, even regular people enjoyed it. She walked over to the Cobra Kai's and little kids still followed. She laid down, and the kids, who she was not aware of, clung to Miguel, Hawk and Maggie. Larissa, who clung herself to Miguel, tried nipping at her.

"Ai! No bites!" Gwen yelled, prying the kids of her friends. "I like your Mohawk, it's spiky! I like your Mohawk, it's spiky! I like your Mohawk, it's spiky!" A kid annoyed Hawk. Gwen whispered to Larissa.

"Get her over here," she whispered.

"DJ, water, come!"

The kids got away from the Cobra Kais, and Gwen laid back down beside Miguel, laying her head on his arm. She and him laughed about what just happened with kids for 30 minutes. He kissed her head and she smiled. But that smile faded when she looked across the beach, a boy looking at her. Not just any boy. Gwen's ex. Weston Lewis.

Literally, shit.

He began running towards her.

What broke them up?

Glad you asked.

He moved to Pennsylvania, to be with his mother. His mom recently passed away, and since his mom was the reason he and his family, his eight siblings and his dad, moved wasfor her job.

They broke up cause one, they were fighting more often, and two, Gwen didn't want to do long distance.

Miguel looked at her face, flushed. "Babe, what's wrong!?" He asked. He placed his hand on her forehead. Maggie, Mason and Peter noticed this, they stepped in front of her. "It's my ex-boyfriend..."

"Shitshitshitshitshitshit..."