Part Nineteen: A Way of Making A Splash

Gwen eyes went alert to where the sound came from. "Wait— who forgot to put the tarp over the pool?!" Gwen frantically said. She looked around and saw the small mammal struggling to swim in the pool.

"Arnel!" She called out. He was already in the middle of the pool. As in, he couldn't swim, he was in the center.

She dove into the pool, aiming to get the dog. The cold water shot her spine in thin needles. It kinda felt nice. She saw his figure under the water and grabbed him. She brought him up to the surface. Arnel coughed two or three times, as Gwen, who was still in the pool, stroked him.

"It's okay, buddy. Cough it out," she spoke.

Miguel's hand offered to help her up. "Thank you," she said taking it. Gwen, however, loved her boyfriend, while a jealous Robby didn't. But he was good at hiding it. He wanted to be the one who helped Gwen out. He wanted to be the one that was announced. He wanted to be the one who she was obviously mad in love with.

"I'll go get a towel," Amanda said. "I'll join you," Lucille said.

"Dad, can you help me put the tarp on," Gwen asked.

Robby stepped forward. "I'll help you, G," Robby said, stepping forward, slightly pushing Miguel out of the way.

"Thanks," she smiled, grabbing the tarp. With the help of Robby, she placed it on. "And Arnel," she said, while the puppy looked happy and quirky. #quirkydogsquad. "No more swimming parties unless you ask," Gwen chuckled. 

"Here you go," Amanda said, drying the girls head. "Thanks Mom."

Amanda handed her the towel for her to do the rest. But instead, she dried the dog. After that, Arnel dried himself off by shaking.

Gwen dried herself, and finally was able to finish her food, while her dad was grilling Miguel with questions, such as "how long were you guys dating so far" and "where you from" or "what do you wanna do when you grow up."

"Dad, give him time to breath," Gwen said, chuckling.

"Yeah, slow down, babe," Amanda said. Daniel made an excuse. Miguel ate his food as soon as it was out on his plate as politely as possible. Robby kept on talking with Gwen, teasing her and laughing with her.

 Robby kept on talking with Gwen, teasing her and laughing with her

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso, it was an honor meeting you," Miguel said, right when he was about to head home. "The honor is all ours," Amanda said, standing next to her husband. "Do you only have a bike?" Amanda asked. "Uhh... Yeah. But its fine," he said, an excuse.

"Nuh-uh-uh, no excuse," Gwen said. "I'm driving you home, let's go," she said as he grabbed the bike.

He placed it in the back of her car and Gwen got in the driver's seat.

She pulled into Reseda, and was thunderstruck by Johnny's beat up, broken, and was-lit car

She pulled into Reseda, and was thunderstruck by Johnny's beat up, broken, and was-lit car. "OK, it's Sensei's car, but where is Sensei?" Miguel asked. "I don't know," Gwen said, freaking out.

"Babe, I bet he's fine, we'll see him in the morning, or at least, I will," Miguel said, but honestly he was afraid too.

But still, Gwen still wouldn't shut up, worried. He kissed her, making her shut up. "You talk too much," he said. Gwen took a deep breath and said goodnight and left.

About as soon as she got into her car, she got a call. "Hello?" She asked. "Hello. Is this Gwendolyn D. LaRusso?"

"This is she."

"Hey, I'm Christina Yerwud, manager of Quebek, musical services. It has been brought to my attention that in late August, you signed up for our singer program."

Oh my God, was this really happening!?

"Yes, I did," Gwen said calmly, though on the inside she was freaking out.

"If you're still interested, we'll be free May 19th, because we are very busy this time of year," Christina said. "Yeah, yeah. I'll be there!" Gwen said. "Great, have a good night."

"You too."

Gwen went home and told her family

Gwen went home and told her family. They were happy, but until Gwen went up to her calendar. She looked at May 19th. But there was something there...

The All-Valley Karate Tournament.