Part Sixteen: The Date

Gwendolyn got out of her car and walked to Miguel's apartment

Gwendolyn got out of her car and walked to Miguel's apartment. She knocked on the door and yaya (Rosa) answered. "Hi Ms. Diaz, is Miguel here," Gwen asked.

"Miguel, a beautiful girl is at the door for you!" Rosa yelled to her grandson in Spanish.

"Oh my goodness, Gwen, come on in," Carmen yelled, bringing her in.

"Thank you for making Miggy feel like he belongs here," she said, grabbing her hands.

"Relax, Mama, it's not like we are getting married right now," Miguel said, putting his arm around Gwen.

"OK, should we go?" Gwen asked. "Yeah, let's go, before Yaya begins telling baby stories," Miguel said, getting the door. Gwen let out a laugh.

They walked to the car, and Miguel stopped and showed Johnny a thumbs-up, but all Miguel saw was a surprised face from Johnny.

Oh right, Johnny didn't know it was me. Greattt...

Gwen hopped in her car.

This should be easy, Miguel thought. I've kissed her before, in the moment, a date would be no problem.

He was tense. While Gwen was driving, she grabbed his hand, which was in a fist. Miguel kissed the back of her hand and she smiled while driving.

"OK, I would like to know where I'm driving," Gwen asked since Miguel put the destination in the GPS.

"Don't worry, you'll love it. I maybe got some recomandations," he said, smiling. "I swear, if it's clowns-" she shuddered, "I'm going to have to run a few miles home and I'm not afraid to."

About 10 minutes of driving, she stopped at Golf N' Stuff. "Let's do it!" She said, hopping out. "My dad used to take me and my sister Sam, not my little brother here," Miguel laughed, "all the time when we were younger." Miguel looked at Gwen. He loved everything about her. Her brown hazel eyes. Her brown dark hair. Her tan skin.

It seemed like everything about her matched, maybe physically, but mentally, she was a brand new person.

She grabbed the golf balls, a red one and a blue one, while Miguel grabbed the putters. They both ran to the first hole, which Gwen got in one, while Miguel took 9 tries, and finished with Gwen's help.

The Second Hole, Miguel surprisingly got it in one try, same as Gwen.

The third hole, Gwen hit, and Miguel placed down his red ball, and Gwen hit it before he did. She began running around, and Miguel caught up to her, tackling her to the ground, making her land on his lap.

"Miguel, stop," she laughed, cause he was tickling her.

After that monstrous move, Miguel and Gwen went to the Fourth Hole, which was a dog with teeth, with the teeth blocking the hole and the goal was to do it getting through the gaps.