Part Seventy-One: Hawk

Gwen and Miguel angrily walked into the cafeteria, straight to Eli Moskowitz's table.

He stood up, smiling at them. "Hey, guys."

"I heard about what happened with Demetri. How could you do that?" Miguel asked, knowing if Gwen talked all hell would break loose. Hawk's smile turned into a glare, as his eyes flickered from Miguel to Gwen.

"You should be thanking me for getting revenge on the Miyagi-Do's. Besides, they're the ones who started the fight. We finished it," Hawk stated.

"They're my family," Gwen said, taking a step in front of Miguel. "Family, my ass," Hawk muttered. "Last time I checked, your "family" kicked you off a second floor balcony."

Gwen then backed down, crossing her arms. "It was a mistake," she muttered.

"That's not what our sensei taught us," Miguel said, putting his arm in front of Gwen. "He's not my sensei anymore," Hawk seethed.

"After everything he did for you, you betray him?" Gwen said.

"He betrayed us."

Miguel took a deep breath, as Gwen glared at Eli, beginning to get frustrated. "Look, this isn't you talking. It's Kreese, he's got in your head. You can change that if you leave Cobra Kai and join Sensei Lawrence's new dojo. If you come, others will follow. Ok? We can show everyone that we're not a bunch of bullies," Miguel spoke.

To late for that, Gwen thought, meaning Eli. "It can be like before," Gwen added.

"He has a new dojo?"

They were interrupted by Kyler shouting. "Hey, guys! Check this out. Standing around with a dick in his hand!" Gwen turned her head after staring at Hawk. Kyler held up Demetria's cast, which he must've taken a marker, because a dick was drawn on the cast in black Sharpie.

Laughter erupted in the cafeteria as Demetri stood there, embarrassed. Demetri couldn't take much more of it, because he stomped out of the cafeteria.

"Really nice friends you have now. Do I really have to remind you that that boy was your first real friend? Before you became a fake?" Gwen muttered, then turned and waltzed her way out of the cafeteria, Miguel close behind. Before she completely left Hawk's sight, she held up middle finger high in the air, and walked out.

"Fuck you, Eli," she muttered, before Miguel pulled her towards him.

Gwen was walking through the halls, heading towards Miguel's locker

Gwen was walking through the halls, heading towards Miguel's locker. Her eyes focused on his locker, but she didn't realize he was there.

In fact, she was so focused that she ran into somebody when she was turning around the curb.

"Hey! Watch it, kid-"

Gwen looked up to see Miguel and Johnny, walking. "Johnny? What're you doing here?"

"I went to school here. I know all the ways in."

Gwen shrugged. Honestly, she didn't feel that a grown man shouldn't be in her school before class, but hey, she also felt that a riot couldn't take place there also.

"Found us a pretty sweet spot for our new dojo," Johnny explained. "Sweet," Gwen answered, squeezing beside Miguel, who wrapped his arm around her.

"How's recruiting coming?"

Miguel and Gwen gave each other a look. They continued walking. "That bad, huh?" Johnny asked and Gwen scoffed. "Everyone's changed. Cobra Kai... they all... drank all the Kool-Aid," Gwen explained.

"Look-Aid? What's wrong with Kool-Aid?"

"It's just... Kreese is turning them into an army of assholes," Miguel explained.

"The only ones that left so far are Maggie, Mason, and Peter. 2/3 of them are joining our dojo," Gwen sighed. "There's no convincing them to leave."

Johnny's eyes focused on the Cobra Kai's, and he began walking toward them. "Wait here, lovebirds."

Besides the remark, Miguel and Gwen began walking towards him. "Alright, listen up!!" Johnny shouted. Eli's eyes met Gwen's and they both thought about the last thing she did before lunch. She glared at him, arms crossed as always.

"I screwed up. I'm sorry. I made it about me. And that's not what a sensei does. I took the easy way out. I gave up." Gwen looked at the other Cobra Kais who got kicked out, which she easily pieced together. "What happened here at this school..." Johnny looked at Gwen for a quick second, rethinking about what happened to her.

"It rocked me to my core. I couldn't look myself in the eye, let alone face all of you."

Hawk scoffed. "Yeah, I guess it makes it better to tell yourself that. But the truth is... you bailed on us long before that fight happened. You got soft and we payed the price."

Johnny walked towards him, towering over Hawk. Gwen faced Miguel, turning her head. He rolled his eyes, then she nudged him. He let out a small laugh.

"Now, you listen up," Johnny commanded Hawk, "when you came into my dojo, you were softer than a baby's ass. I made you what you are! Not Kreese. He doesn't give a shit about you. About any of you," Johnny shouted, taking a step back from the crowd.

"So if you wanna keep on complaining about the past like a bunch of pussies... Fine, we can play that game. You wanna stick with Kreese, go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you when your life ends up in the shitter... Or you can sack up, and join my dojo. Havenhurst and Magnolia. Tomorrow at 4. If you're wanna save yourselves, train the right way, you better be there."

Johnny turned around the corner, shoving through the Cobra's. A kid continued walking down the hall with his stuff for his classes, then Johnny smacked it down to the floor. "Sorry, kid. Old habit."