Part Five: Proving Herself

"Yeah, this is Cobra Kai, who're you?" The Blondie asked.

"My name is Gwendolyn," she answered. "And I'm here to learn karate."

"Karate isn't for girls," he answered, turning around.

"Wanna bet?" She answered, hands on her waist.

"Stubborn as a mule," the man muttered. "Like all women. Let that be a reminder to you, Miguel—"

"Jeez, quit your yapping, Blondie. You want money or not?" She said, pulling a ten out of her phone case.

"Get on the mat," Blondie instructed, rolling his eyes.

She took off her shoes and met the blonde man on the mat.

"Hit me," he said.

"Uh-huh," she said, immediantly tried kicking him.

She shot a side kick at him, but he dodged out of the way, then she kicked straight at him. To her surprise, he grabbed her leg. He flipped her, but while in the air, she kicked up his chin, making him hit the mat.

She landed the jump perfectly with her arm stretched out, with her knees crouching. She took a deep breath, out of breath. She walked over to the blonde man.

"Girls can't learn karate, you say," she asked, standing over his head. He took the chance to sweep under her leg, but she jumped over it and the blonde man got up. "So am I in?" she asked.

He took a moment to think, a scowl on his face. Then, a grim smirk appeared. "Maybe...You're in. Tonight, midnight, at the high school for your first lesson," he said, walking into his office.

"Wait a damn second, Sensei Blondie," she instructed. "What's your name?"

"M'names Johnny Lawrence. Sensei Johnny Lawrence of Cobra Kai Karate."

Her jaw dropped, then quickly shut to hide her surprised. Johnny Lawrence? Aw, shit, Dad's gonna be pissed.

Not if he doesn't find out. Ok, Gwen, no last name here, ok?

"Ok, Sensei Blondie. My name is Gwendolyn. Gwen for short." She began walking towards the exit.

"Hope you had fun..." She said, and Johnny rolled his eyes from his office. "Getting your ass kicked by a girl," she said, walking out and Johnny let out a smile. Something told him something was special about that girl. Something...

Gwen sat at dinner eating her broccoli rabe

Gwen sat at dinner eating her broccoli rabe. While Sam was complaining about how she didn't want to go to the Halloween dance as a molecular compound.

"I totally get it," Amanda answered. "But just because you aren't wearing the same costume doesn't mean you can't hang out with each other."

Gwen shook her head yes. As always, Sam smiled at her twin and she smiled back. Before Gwen had Peter, Mason, and Maggie, Sam was her best friend. "Speaking of the dance, I got an e-mail from the school," Daniel spoke.