Part Eighty-Five: Drive-In

That night, the entire dojo decided to have an off-day at the Drive-In theater

That night, the entire dojo decided to have an off-day at the Drive-In theater. A date for Gwen and Miguel was just what they needed. Gwen drove in her Jeep, since that was the easiest choice. The movie playing was Bloodsport, which Gwen and Miguel had watched with Johnny multiple times, probably enough so that they'd recite it in their sleep.

Gwen sat beside Miguel, as he did multiple triple takes at his girlfriend. She seemed less stressed than she usually acted. She was practically wrapped against his arm, every now and then, quoting the movie.

About 3/4 into the movie, Gwen sat up, stretching her arms.

"Alright...ADHD is getting hold of me. I gotta get movin' around. I'm gonna grab a coke. Want anything?" She whispered, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"No. I'm good," Miguel said, as Gwen got out.

"I'll get you a coke. On me," she smiled, grabbing her wallet and walking away.

Miguel shook his head, chuckling. "Figures."

Gwen walked up to the concession stand, behind a younger boy with dark skin and short hair

Gwen walked up to the concession stand, behind a younger boy with dark skin and short hair. The food was reasonably cheap, but the kid was getting an entire pile of food stacked onto him.

"Your total kid is, uhm, $12.87," the cashier mumbled, looking at the movie and not paying attention to the kid.

"Shit..." the kid mumbled. He pulled out money from his pocket, counting out the money he had. Gwen didn't intend to snoop, but she counted the money as $11.45 in his palm.

She shrugged, pulling out her wallet. She pulled out an extra two dollars and placed it in the kid's hand. "There. That should cover it," she smiled, as the kid turned around.

Her eyes flickered down to his shirt: a Cobra Kai affiliated shirt. Her smile faded quickly, then she forced it back. Another kid that was tricked into Cobra Kai's tricks.

"Thank you," the kid smiled, putting the money in the cashier's hand. "My name's Kenny."

Gwen slowly nodded, putting her hand out. "Gwen. LaRusso," she said, as he slowly shakes her hand, before coming to a realization.