Part Eighty🥋: Sparring Deck

Gwen got to the dojo nice and early then the others days. She sat in the Banana Boat, still thinking about her dad and Johnny. She was curled up in a ball, and her head rested on the seat.

Miguel was walking around the car, and leaned against the door. She looked up at him, smiling. With a British accent, he spoke. "Good day, my lady. My name is Miguel and I'll be your chauffeur this morning." He opened the driver's door, and sat inside. In his regular voice, he said, "As long as, uh, you can help me hot-wire this thing?"

Gwen smiled, but looked back down. She laid her legs flat on the seat. "Wow, not even a courtesy laugh?" He joked, making her slightly laugh. "That annoying, little laugh that I love."

She laughed even more. She looked back up. "Dad was gone by the time I woke up. Did you know if he had a chance to connect with Johnny?"

Miguel shook his head. "I didn't see him this morning either," he sighed. Miguel leaned forward, kissing Gwen. His hand rested on her neck, until she saw someone she'd been waiting for all morning.

"What's up, Hawk?" Miguel called, as Hawk walked around to the back of the dojo, with a sledgehammer. "Hawk!" Miguel yelled.

"Was that a sledgehammer?" Miguel asked Gwen. She let out a big ole grin. "They must've got it," she said, jumping out. She opened Miguel's door, who was still so confused.

"Come on, Chauffeur-Boy, I gotta show you something," She smirked, dragging Miguel out, who shut the door behind him.

Gwen  continued to move brush out of the way, as Hawk hit the fence down.

"Hey! What are you doin'?" Daniel shouted, and Gwen turned around surprise. Hawk turned around, facing the "fire".

"You were both right. Talk is cheap. So I'm building a bridge," Hawk explained, as Demetri ran up with the physics.

"More specifically, an Okinawan sparring deck. Turns out, Gwen and Eli are design whizzes. I looked it over and the physics check out," Demetri explained, and Gwen shook her head. When you are in your junior year of high school, you think about what you want to do. She thought about the Marine's and going into architecture after.

"Mr. Miyagi just used this area for extra storage, but a new deck would mean a lot more room for training. Especially when sparring, without breaking any screens," Gwen smiled, letting out a laugh.

"We're all gonna help build it," Sam added.

"Assuming our senseis approve?" Miguel added, standing beside Gwen. Daniel scanned the work area. He saw two dojos, combined as one to work together. After a pause, Gwen's father spoke.

"Sounds good to me," he said. "Yeah," Johnny added. "Sounds awesome!"

Gwen smiled, before turning back around to pick up more brush. Gwen's dad hugged Gwen first, then didn't even bother going to Sam.

Gwen frowned. Sam stood there, expecting him to hug her. Gwen knew how that felt. Ever since the tournament, she'd been the favorite daughter. Before that, even during her cancer days, Sam was. Her dad allowed Gwen to do rodeo, and a lot of the more dangerous disciplines. He'd never allowed Sam to do what she did.

She went back to work, but that crowded her mind.