Part Sixty🎷🕺:The Devil's Awake

Gwen laid in her as her mother explained things.

"Your father is out looking for Robby," she said in a hushed voice. "If you want, I can get him over here," Amanda explained. "Mom, y-y-you've said it's been t-t-two weeks, r-right? He needs to be found. He's a kid, he doesn't need to b-be in prison when h-he's only 17. Let dad find him," Gwen said.

Amanda smiled and shook her head. The two were shocked when they had visitors. "Hope you don't mind we're here," Peter voice announced.

"Mags! Mason! Pete! What're you guys doing here?" Gwen asked.

"Umm...We're obviously feeding the dishes," Mason said.

"And also, like that neck brace though, bahaha," Mason joked and Maggie hit him. "What?"

"He's right though. I hate this thing," Gwen said.

"Oh, and we also maybe brought a tagalong," Maggie announced and Gwen knew who it was.

Miguel. Gwen could her his shoes tap against the hallway floor.

He finally entered the doorframe and shot up in happiness. He walked towards her and crouched at her bedside. "How you feeling, babe?" He asked sweetly.

"R..rather than I can't feel below my waist, fine," she said. Maggie, Mason and Peter shared each other strange looks.

Mason grabbed the gift basket Maggie was holding and ripped it open, grabbing a ginormous lollipop from it.

He walked to Gwen's leg, pulled the covers down a bit and tapped her knee. "So, you're saying you can't feel that," Mason asked.

"NoPe," she said, popping the P.

Mason let out a loud sigh. "OK, level two. Mags, go get me a hammer and a sledgehammer?"

Gwen laughed and Mason's jaw dropped. "Ohhow! Danny's waffing," Mason said in a baby-voice.

"Well, on another case, Gwen, your first album was awesome! It's like, all across the Valley. Even Mason's listening to it and... and... and Mason, stop poking her foot with a fork," Maggie sighed and Mason disobeyed.

"So, you're saying you don't feel that? There's little marks!!" mason said, satisfied in what he was doing.

"Dude, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're a foot feddish," Gwen said.

"Haha."

"So, how're things going at Cobra Kai?" Gwen asked and the four remaining kids looked at each other. "We left."

"My mom made me quit karate," Maggie said. "I mean, I was going to leave anyway..but she means I can't do karate anyway. After what happened at school, she thought it's better I stick to my Christian studies and guitar," Maggie said.

The talk went on and on.

Dr. Crasio, Mason's dad, was Gwen's doctor. (Dr. Crasio is white with blondish-brown hair.) He was making sure the rest of her body was working. Gwen now had her brace off. "OK, Gwen, you are processing nicely. How does this feel?" He raised her arm up and down.

"Feels fine."

Then he opened her entwined fingers. "This?"

"Normal."

"Great," he said, then he moved down to her feet. He partly took off the covers. Gwen looked at her mom's face with a sad expression.

"It's okay," Amanda said.

Dr. Crasio began twisting her foot counterclockwise. "What about this?"

"Still nothing," Gwen said. He took out a pen and began poking her toes.

"No."

Gwen looked at Mason and Miguel, who were across the room.

"Dad," Mason spoke up, "give her some time," he said.

"You said the scans were okay, right?" Amanda asked. "Yes. Yes."

"Am I gonna be able to do karate again? Riding? Softball?" She asked.

"One day at a time. I'm gonna borrow your mother for the second, okay?" Dr. Crasio chuckled. "Amanda?"

Amanda walked out but before she left, rubbed placed her hand on Gwen's cheek.

Miguel stood up and walked to her. She couldn't hear what they were saying because Amanda soon began crying.

Tears began flooding her eyes. "Mig..." She pouted. She hugged him. "It's okay," he calmed. He kissed her head.

Gwen looked at her phone. "I need to call my dad. He needs to know I'm awake," she said.

She grabbed her phone and dialed her dad's number and someone soon picked up.

"Hey Amanda, how's the hospital," he said, thinking that Amanda had called on Gwen's phone.

"Good," she answered.

"Gwen? Is that you?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm just calling to tell you.. Well.. I'm awake! Too-too!" She said.

"Holy... Gwen. That's so good. I'm so happy for you, Danny. So, no casualties?" He asked.

"I'm always calling for that. My bottom part of my body, waist down, I'm paralyzed," she said, trying not to make tears.

"Oh my goodness, Gwen-"

"Dad, stop. Mom told me that you were trying to find Robby. Don't come to the hospital. Not till you find Robby, or you can't find him. He's a kid, by himself. I have my family. He doesn't. So, just find him. I don't care if he's the one that pushed me. Just...Find him. I love you Dad. Love you, bye."

"Bye."