Part Eighty-Four: Cindee's Birthday Party

Gwen was dragged to a birthday party by her sister

Gwen was dragged to a birthday party by her sister. She stood right beside her mom and Sam. "Did I really have to come to this?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I second that, Mom," Gwen added.

"Sam, Sheila's worked for us for ten years. She practically family. Anyways, you and Gwen used to love to babysit Cindee. Oh, hi!" She waved to Cindee's mom, as Gwen looked around.

"That doesn't change this is just about the last place I'd like to be spending my Saturday," Sam explained, as Gwen looked around. "A lot of people have it worse than you."

Gwen's eyes spotted two twins that she knew really well, Mason and Maggie's younger sisters, Karlee and Kaelynn. She tapped her mom's shoulder. "Mom, I'm gonna go hang out with Karlee and Kaelynn. See if they want everything," she said, and her mom shook her head. "I'm going to go see them too," she answered, walking with Gwen.

After talking with the 8 year olds, Gwen watched as the mermaids waltzed out, meeting the kids. Gwen eyes met the purple haired one, who still didn't recognize Gwen, who she instantly recognized.  She was waving to the kids, smiling and laughing. Tory.

Gwen didn't laugh, or scoff, or smile. She just stared at Tory, confused. Tory didn't seem to Gwen as the 'hanging out with children is my thing' kind of girl. She reminded Gwen of the 'let me kick the children' kind of girl.

"Did I say the last place I want to spend my Saturday? I meant the first," Sam scoffed, as Gwen made eye contact with her mom. Tory finally recognized Sam and Gwen, trying to hide behind a smile. But for the first time, for some reason, Gwen sort of felt bad for Tory. Something was definitely up.

Miguel was driving to the birthday party, with Daniel in the passenger seat

Miguel was driving to the birthday party, with Daniel in the passenger seat. Daniel sang along to the song that was playing, as Miguel focused on driving.

"Well, it's not far down to paradise. At least it's not for me. And if the wind is right, you can sail away. Find tranquility," Daniel sang, then realized Miguel looking back at him, then the road. "As you can tell, Gwen did not get her singing voice from me," he explained, laughing.