Part Sixty-Two: If it Weren't for Him

After Gwen's dad had found Robby, (and sent him to Juvie) Gwen felt as if she felt a less burden. Her dad began visiting her more often. But a burden, a different burden, came upon her once again. Her parents weren't doing so well at the dealership, due to what happened at the high school with Robby. And they also told her about Sam's brand new PTSD from the school fight. She hadn't seen Sam yet, and Gwen couldn't blame her, she just needed some time to herself.

But between her and them, she felt as if it was her fault.

She sat in her cot, finishing her bible studies, until someone came into the room.

"Sam!" A smile up came her face. Sam came in and gave her a hug. "How you doing?" Gwen asked. "I guess.. Good."

"I hope it's okay, just me showing up like this. How are YOU? Oh wait, sorry. It's a stupid question-" Sam questioned. Gwen chuckled.

"It's okay. I guess good. I have a surgery on Friday. A doctor who woks out of state who supposedly works miracles."

"That's great right?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, but since everything that happened... The dealership isn't doing so good. Yes, mom and dad can pay for it but.. I'd feel guilty if the dealership stays this way. Either Mom or Dad will certainly have to get a second job. But there's no guarantee it'll work but..." Gwen shrugged.

"If anyone can beat the odds, it's you," Sam said, then looked at Gwen's wrist. Two bracelets proceeded each other. One of them, a bracelet that her mother had gotten her for her birthday, and the second, their sister bracelets.

Gwen smiled. "Oh! And we also brought a guest," Sam said.

"We?" Gwen asked. "We," Mason said, entering the doorframe. Maggie was no where around, nor Peter. But another creature, a furry creature came running in. "Arnel!"

Arnel ran in and lick the girl, wanting so bad to hop onto the bed. "Arnelly!" Gwen said, laughing and chuckling. Laughing for the first time in weeks, chuckling for the first time in a few minutes.

After a few minutes, Arnel settled, and Gwen got another visitor. Mason and Sam were talking. Those two, here, by themselves. Love.

Meanwhile, Hawk wanted to see her as well. "Hey, Cobra Queen!"

"...I'm gonna go," Sam said, taking Arnel's leash.

"Uh, yeah," Gwen said, giving her sister a hug.

"Bye Mason," Gwen said. Mason kissed her on the head (as a friend) and left. Right when Sam walked out, Hawk got her attention. "You got some nerve thinking you can speak to her after what your boyfriend did to her."

"She's my sister. And I wanna help."

A day or two after, a few kids from school were doing a carwash, to help pay for Gwen's surgery

Sam and Maggie walked around with each other, correcting people's technique's, while Miguel hung around Mason and Peter.