Part Sixty-Seven: Physical Therapy

When Gwen thought that someone would hold her up as she tried to stand, and oh boy, she thought wrong

When Gwen thought that someone would hold her up as she tried to stand, and oh boy, she thought wrong. Instead, they had a giant baby diaper to do it for her.

Johnny held a rope tied to the Dammit Diaper, holding Gwen up. "Are you ready or what?" Johnny asked her. "I hate this. It's ridiculous," Gwen said, looking down at the diaper.

"What's ridiculous about it?"

Gwendolyn scoffed. "I look like a giant newborn baby. Go get the milk formulas, cradles and binkies, please!"

"The way you're whining and not walking, you might as well be a baby," Johnny answered, fixing his grip on the rope. Gwen groaned in disgust.

Miguel returned to the apartment, with a Coke in hand, eyes fixed on Gwen. "No, shit! I can't let my boyfriend see me like this!" She yelled, covering Miguel's line of sight to her face.

"Babe, come on, you look great," Miguel answered, leaning on the countertop. In defeat, she threw her hands down from defending her identity. "Meeeeeh," Gwen answered, grabbing an empty beer can and throwing it at Miguel.

"Hey, look at that, you'll ready for Softball," Miguel teased. Gwen smiled, before throwing another at him. "Yeah, now we gotta get her ready for karate. Gotta defend that title," Johnny answered.

"You gotta," Miguel added.

Gwen groaned again. "Isn't there a more badass way we can do this?" She asked. "You think tapping your foot at a concert makes you ready for badass training? Your legs are still pussies! Now, you ready to stand?" Johnny asked, and Gwen swallowed her pride.

"Yes."

Gwen exhaled as Johnny counted down. "...1..."

"...2..."

"...3... go!" He said, letting go of the rope. To no avail, again, Gwen fell to the floor, obviously not standing.

"You had a better fall that time. Let's take five," Johnny said. Gwen laid on the floor, staring at the ceiling. Miguel walked over to her, unclipping the clip on her back. "Thanks," she mumbled.

Miguel grabbed her waist, and pulled her up against his body on the couch. She sat in between his legs then laid her head on his shoulder. Out of curiosity, Gwen tapped her foot three times on the floor, and she smiled.

Almost there. Just gotta keep pushing, she told herself.

"Mom's been talking about you a lot recently," Miguel added, grabbing Gwen's hand and intertwining their fingers. "Oh, yeah?" Johnny asked.

"She says thank you for taking Gwendolyn and I to that concert," Miguel said, and Gwen gave him a confused look, turning her body as much as she could. "Gwendolyn?" She asked, curious to why he said her full name and not the regular 'Gwen'.

"Sorry, 'Gwen'," he said, turning her body back around, and wrapping his arms against her waist.

"She say anything else?"