Part Fifty-Two: Dating Apps

"OK, the app is downloaded," Miguel said

"OK, the app is downloaded," Miguel said. "What type of women are you trying to meet?" Miguel asked.

Johnny and Gwen gave him a look, them both knowing the answer. "Super hot babes. Dumb question."

"Good job, Sherlock Holmes," Gwen accounted, sitting beside him.

He gave her a look and she gave a cheeky smile. "OK, what are your likes," Gwen asked, tilting her head back towards Johnny.

"My likes?" Johnny asked. "Mm-hmm," Miguel hummed.

"What am I supposed to say? Long walks on the beach? I like muscle cars, martial arts and Irom Eagle. And Iron Eagle II."

Johnny looked at Miguel, who was staring off. "C'mon, why aren't you typing this down? Computer dating is your idea," Johnny told Miguel.

"it's a phone," Gwen mumbled.

"Look, you have to take this seriously!" Miguel snapped.

"It used to be simple," Johnny stated. "Find a chick at a bar. Bump into her hard, but not too hard. Pretty hard. Then you buy her a beer," Johnny said.

Gwen, who was now dangling over a recliner chair arm, spoke. "Sometimes the hottest 'chicks,'" she said, putting air quotes, "aren't gonna be at 'bars.'"

"Yeah, no," Miguel agreed with Gwen.

"Tried and True, Diaz. That's how the Cavemen did it. Cavemen, that's another like. Y'know, like the ones in insurance commercials," Johnny said, sitting up.

"Look, I think I can fill this out on my own," Miguel said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What about clothes? What are you wearing?" Miguel asked.

"What? You gonna teach me about fashion now?" Johnny asked. "Might have to," Miguel said, laying the phone down flat on the table, and standing up, only for Johnny to stay seated.

Miguel searched Johnny room as Gwen wandered around the living room. "Want me to get Mason? One second, he could be a boy, the next, drag-queen mode on."

"None of the students I teach are going to be Drag-whatever's," Johnny said.

Gwen walked to the blinds and opened them. They could see Mason with a pink wig on, playing with his electric guitar.

"So, I was think a buttoned-up shirt and some distressed jeans. Got any?" Miguel asked. "I have old jeans, if that's what you're saying!" Johnny replied.

Johnny was frightened when a women popped up on the screen. "Hey! A chick came up on my app!" Johnny yelled. "Swipe right if you like her and left if you don't. We'll set up a bunch of dates," Gwen said.

"This is dumb. You can't find anything out about a chick from one- ooh this one's hot," Johnny mumbled and Gwen laughed.

"Diaz, how you doing back there!?" Gwen yelled.

"Diaz? Really?" Miguel asked, knowing his girlfriend was messing with him. "Want to be Buddy?!"

"Diaz's good."

Miguel was fascinated by a Cobra Kai jacket and smiled at the sight.

"Woah! Can I wear this?!" He asked. "Uh, yeah, sure!" Johnny yelled, too sucked into his phone to realize what Miguel was talking about.

Miguel put it on and walked out. It was red, with the Cobra Kai symbol planted upon it. Gwen whistled the wo-woo! whistle.

Gwen couldn't help but blush.

"Who are you going as, milady," Miguel asked, referring to the skate rink. "I honestly don't know," Gwen said. "Probably gonna perm my 'bangs', make my hair curly," she said. "Might dress as that one girl from Footloose. Don't know," Gwen answered.

That night, Gwen was in her room, painting a small section of her desk with her and Miguel

That night, Gwen was in her room, painting a small section of her desk with her and Miguel. She was a good painter. Really good.

Miguel, who climbed up the vines of her house, watched her as she did. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she was dancing to the song she was listening to. She finished the painting and she smiled.

Arnel, who was to her thighs in size now, went into her room, distracted to the noise.

"Puppy!" She screamed in a loud voice. The dog got excited and ran throughout her room, jumping on the bed. Gwen heard a knock on her window. She perked her head and looked towards the noise and saw Miguel.

A smile shadowed her face and she ran towards the window. She opened the window. "Hey, you," she whispered.

"Hey," he whispered back. "Why are we whispering?" He asked.

"I don't know. Why are you whispering?" She asked.

"I don't know why I'm whispering," he said. "Why you here? In my windowsill?!" She asked.

"Cause I wanted to see you," he said.

"Uh-huh," she said, pecking his lips.

"Gwen!" Gwen's mother called. "Gotta go. Time for dinner," she said.

"OK, love you," Miguel said, climbing down the vine once again. She smiled.

That little bitch, she smiled.