Part Twenty-Two: To Do or to Not-Do

Gwen sat at her bed at 7:30 am. It was the day. The Tournament. The day of the Studio as well. Miguel and her hadn't talked in days, but she didn't know what to do. She was mad at him. And he was probably mad at her. She was looking at a text Maggie sent her, and a text of the manager of the studio.

The text of Maggie's said: "I'll see you at 8🌺."

The text of Christina's said: "I'll see you at 8, that good for you?✌"

Gwendolyn didn't know what to do. She went to her mother for help. "Mom, I need help," she asked. "What is it sweetie?"

"I don't know what to do

"I don't know what to do. I'm confused," Gwen said after she explained. "Well, which one means more to you," Amanda asked. "I don't know. Like, dad and Sensei Lawrence like to kill each other, but Quebek...I don't know."

"Honey, ever since you were younger, you've wanted to go to Quebek, am I right," Gwen shook her head, "and if Maggie and Miguel and your dojo like you, they'll understand."

She shot a glare at her mother. "So what your boyfriend was a bit of a dick?"

"I still care for him. We haven't talked since the fight," Gwen sighed, putting her phone down on her bed. "I wanna go to Quebek, really bad though," Gwen said, rubbing the back of her neck and changing the subject.

"Then go," Amanda answered.

"OK, I think I'll go to Quebek," Gwen decided, smiling.

As Gwen finished another song, her time read 8:15. She frowned. She felt bad. The tournament would start soon. "OK, Gwen, we got done editing Come Alive, now let's to From Now On," Christina directed, reading from her board, giving Gwen the lyrics.

"Cris," Gwen asked. "I can't do this. I have to-"

"Go to the tournament. I know," Cris said, smiling. "How did you know?" Gwen asked. "Cause you've been getting texts from someone named Maggie, Mason and Mig," Cris said, handing Gwen's phone back.

"You stealing my phone, Ms. Yerwud?" Gwen teased, taking her phone back.

Gwen liked her. Cris was 23, a few years older then Gwen. She had gotten the business from her dad, who passed away a year or two ago. But Gwen had to go.

"Need a ride," Cris asked as when turned to leave.

"No, I can drive myself," Gwen said, smiling while showing Cris her keys. "See ya, wiseass."

"See you, asshole," Gwen answered. Cris smiled. They had known each other for a few hours but it felt as if it was a lifetime.