Part Fifty-One: Show Mercy

"How 'bout Wednesday?" Miguel asked. Gwen and him were trying to work out a dating time. "Can't. I have Softball practice and I have to stay after to work on my catching, pitching and 2nd basing, then go to Quebek," she answered, stretching.

"How 'bout Friday?"

"I have to go with my sister to the roller rink. She's going on a date with Robby," she said.

"Ok, let's turn it into a date night!" Miguel said. "Me skating around and risking my boyfriend watching me fall on my ass A LOT of times, not gonna happen. And also eating fries and then slipping and falling and breaking a table, nu-uh," she defended.

"There's nothing more romantic than hot dogs and chicken nugs," Miguel said.

"Says you," Gwen chuckled. "Plus, you are gonna be around Robby. I know you two don't get along well," Gwen said.

"But, the way he looks at you-"

"The way he looks at me has changed now. Now, he's dating my sister. And now, you're gonna be the only one looking at me... I hope..."

Tory, now dating Weston, even though she didn't even like him, saw how cute the two couple were. Always laughing, when they'd have fight they'd make up the next day.

"OK, whatever. But you have to wear a costume. It's '80s night," Gwen said. "Are you kidding?! I love the '80s," Miguel said.

"Yes, I've known that since we begun dating."

Hawk walked into the dojo and Miguel stood up. Miguel looked at his girlfriend. She was frowning, and was still pissed off at Tory and him for trashing Miyagi-Do.

"Go get him, tiger," she said, bringing her smile back.

After Miguel and Hawk talked, Hawk called Gwen's name.

"Gwen?" He asked. "Yes," she said, head turned. "I really am sorry. I let my temper get into me," he said. "I thought 'No Mercy,'" Gwen said, standing up. "We're still friends, right?" He asked.

"Enemies for a day, Cobra Kai for life," she answered, grabbing her hand.

"Fall in!" Johnny said. Gwen moved to her spot, smiling at Miguel in the process. "Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know," Johnny explained.

"Where's Sensei Kreese?"

"Yeah. Shouldn't we wait gor the sensei emeritus before we get going?" Chubs said. Johnny gave him a stink eye, making him shut up.

"Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us."

Miguel and Hawk looked at each other, Gwen in between. "I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart. John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was olf and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when you do that, Ms. LaRusso and Mr. Diaz?" Johnny asked.

"You get stuck like cement," Miguel and Gwen said, looking straight towards Johnny. "Exactly. To become a great fighter you have to learn to adapt."

Johnny pointed at the wall where the 'STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY' creed was. "This creed on the wall... Follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. But it'll also make you an asshole," Johnny said.

Gwen couldn't help but think of Miguel. "Cause that's just Black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often than not, it's gray. And it's in those gray areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai.. sometimes Shows Mercy. Doesn't mean you can't be badass, it's still a requirement. But you have to think, not just with your gut.. But to really use," he tapped his head hard enough Gwen could hear a thud.

"This. Which brings me to our lesson, headbutting," Johnny said, breaking a board with his head. "Grab a partner."

Gwen was partnered with Maggie, who was good at headbutting.

Miguel went back to Johnny. "Hey, Sensei," he said.

"Just tuck in your chin and aim for the nose with the crown of your head, its not that hard," Johnny explained. "No, its not about the headbutting I think I got that down. It's about Mr. Kreese."

"What about him?"

"I know he's your friend, so if you wana talk..."

"You don't have to worry about me. Besides, you should be focused on that girlfriend you tried so hard to keep," Johnny said. "With my help, of course."

"Yeah, she's stubborn but she's mine," Miguel said.

Gwen, who was walking to her water bottle, was in the hallway when she heard.

"I heard that," she said, walking to it.

She drank her water then walked to Miguel and Johnny. She kissed Miguel's cheek. "If you want, I could set you up on a app," Miguel said, meaning dating.

Gwen laughed, and looked as if the water was coming back up. "That's how my mom found her boyfriend," Miguel said, putting his arm around Gwen.

"Oh yeah, how's that going?" Johnny asked.

Gwen could see his face.

Oh shit... Johnny has a crush on Carmen. Shit. How could I be this blind?!

"It's going well. She's had some bad luck with guys, so it's nice to see her happy," Miguel said. Gwen thought how her parents were in the middle of a fight. "That's good, I'm glad to here that," Johnny said.

"My parents are in the middle of fight right now. Of course, they didn't tell me so, I'm clueless," Gwem appealed. "Just another reason why we need to go on a date," Miguel said. "Fine."

Johnny finally talked. "So, uhh... What is the deal about this app thing?" Johnny asked.

Gwen looked at Miguel and smiled. She smiled maniacally and laughed, rubbing her hands together. "Let do this."

Gwen thought about what to do that night. She could see.

A/N: hey y'all doing! Hope well! Just checking in, seeing how y'all are.

Bye! -Yalikejaaaaaaazzz