Part Sixty-Six: I Wanna Rock

As Johnny wheeled Gwen into the room, she realized it was a type of club

As Johnny wheeled Gwen into the room, she realized it was a type of club. With a singer singing on stage, Gwen had an adrenaline rush.

"Goddamn!" She said, laughing.

"Sensei Blondie, who's that?" She asked. "That is Dee Snyder, the most badass rocker ever," Johnny informed her.

"Just have some fu-un! But we're all ready if you wanna sta-art..." Dee sang.

"How is this part of therapy!?" Gwen yelled, over the rock.

"It's not!" Johnny replied, unzipping the bag he had brought. "Just forget about all that and have some fun!"

He pulled out a beer and handed one to Miguel then began handed one to Gwen. "Want one?" He asked, seeing the look on her face.

"Screw it," she said, holding her hand out. Johnny laughed, then passed her one. She opened the can, and held it up in the air. "Woooh!"

Gwen listened to the guitar riff that played, as she took a photo of her, Johnny and Miguel, holding up their fists

Gwen listened to the guitar riff that played, as she took a photo of her, Johnny and Miguel, holding up their fists. After the few, she took an extra one of her and Miguel, who put his chin on her head. Johnny smiled at the two, then looked away.

"Can I get a copy of that?" He asked. "I'll tag you both, don't worry," she answered, posting the photo on her FaceBook, tagging them both.

"Tag me? What the hell does that mean?"

"Just check your FaceBook, you'll see."

"I don't have Facebook anymore. I threw my phone away," Johnny said over the music.

"You know it's on your computer too, right?" Miguel added.

"...Yeah."

Gwendolyn looked up at Dee Snyder, who stopped his song. "All right, all right. So I hear there's a Make-A-Wish lady in the house tonight."

"Yeah, right here! Right here!" Johnny and Miguel yelled, pointing down to her. She awkwardly laughed, shaking her hands a small bit. "There she is. There she is. Gentlemen... let's make that girl's wish come true!"

She looked at the boys beside her, that winked at her. Miguel protectively stepped in front of her, and she laughed. "Now, repeat after Dee."

"I WANNA ROCK!"

"ROCK!"

"I WANNA ROCK!"

"ROCK!" Gwen shouted, unknowingly thumping her foot against her wheelchair.

"I WANT TO ROCK!"

"ROCK!" She laughed, throwing her fists up.

"I wanna rock!"

"Rock!"

The guitar strings began strumming and Johnny looked down at her foot. He smiled at the sight of the leg movement. He rubbed his shoulder against Miguel's then motioned down to her foot.

"Holy shit," Miguel excitedly smiled.

"'Holy shit', what?" Gwen asked, looking at them.

Johnny motioned down to her foot, and she looked. Her pupils went small, then got large, as she smiled and laughed. "Holy SHIT!"

"YES!!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. She turned to Johnny, smiling. She hugged him and then Miguel. She hugged Johnny again.

"Thank you," she mumbled.

"Yo- you're welcome, kid."

"Do it again, do it again, do it again!!" Carmen and Maggie shouted in Gwen's ear

"OK, OK, OK!" She laughed. She repeatedly tapped her foot 3 times. Maggie shrieked at the happiness.

"Thank you so much!" Carmen said, holding Gwen's shoulders. "It was all the kid. Told you she was a fighter," he said to Mason, who passed him a dollar bill.

"What?" Gwen laughed.

"Mason had a deal that you wouldn't have any sign of recovery for 4 weeks. Johnny said 1 or less," Miguel laughed, then Mason slapped him in the back of the head. "We had a deal, man!"

Johnny laughed. "Don't get to cocky, kid. We still gotta get you out of that chair."

"Yes, Sensei Blondie," Gwen answered, shutting her eyes and bowing her head. "All right..."

"Well, good night, losers," Maggie said, running back to her apartment. Mason took off after her, racing her. Peter rolled his eyes, turning his head. "G'night, y'all. See ya in the morning," he responded.

"G'night, Peter. See you tomorrow!" Carmen answered. Miguel looked down to his girlfriend, and softly kissed her. "Good night, babe."

"Good night," she answered, as Peter began strolling her back to Maggie's.