Part Seventy-Two: Eagle Fang Karate

Gwen went home that day, walking into their guest room. Her dad and Sam stood there, with bo staffs. She smiled, knowing that karate still stood strong in her family after the school fight.

"Hey, you guys," she smiled, and they turned their heads to their daughter and sister. "Have room for one more?"

Daniel let out a laugh, as Gwen held her arms out in a shrug. "What can I say? I'm irresistible."

He and Sam laughed again. Daniel passed Gwen a staff, which she caught. They began fighting with each other, laughing.

 They began fighting with each other, laughing

"This is day one. We've been here before. But things are different now. They tried to tear us down. Didn't work. Said we need a roof with four walls. Screw that!" Johnny commanded, as his new students stood there, respectfully. Gwen, Miguel, Mason, Peter, Bert, Mitch, and three others.

"This park will be our dojo. Cause you don't need a dojo to be a dojo. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei!" Gwen and the other students answered.

"I started Cobra Kai with one nerd. Then I got Ms. Rodeo-Softball-Basketball-Basketball or Sportsy for short," Johnny said, pointing at Miguel then looking at Gwen. Gwen let out a slight scoff. Miguel nudged her shoulder, letting out a laugh.

She nudged him again, looking up at him. He smiled at her, but they were interrupted by Johnny. "This is a step up. And if we're gonna be taken seriously, we need a name that commands respect. A name that elicits power and dominance. Cobras are strong. They may be king of the jungle but the world's not just a jungle. There is only one animal that can kill a snake."

"A mongoose?" Bert asked.

"A real animal, Bert."

Gwen's eyes scrunched, confused. Johnny walked back to a box he brought for some reason. He reached inside of it, grabbing something. "Welcome..."

"To Eagle Fang Karate." He held up a shirt, with an Eagle that had bloody fangs plastered on it.

"Uh, eagles don't have fangs," Mitch began, only for Johnny to hurl a shirt at him. He dropped it, and began grabbing it. Johnny threw other shirts at the rest of people. Teasing, Mason grabbed Gwen's, from her, in which she grabbed his wrist, making him drop it.

Gwen pulled it over her hoodie, then threw a couple of punches to stretch it out.

Mitch, whose was a little small for him, spoke. "Anyone else feeling a little snug?"

"Do some more sit-ups."

"Alright, everybody, fall in!"

Gwen eyes twitched to the red, spiky hair which appeared behind the bushes. Then she realized that a bunch of Cobras falling behind Hawk and Tory.

"Sensei," Gwen mumbled. Johnny smiled, as Gwen thought that it was a joke. A prank. She knew that the Cobras weren't here to join. "Look like our class got a little bit bigger, make room," Johnny demanded.

Gwen's eyes dilated twice the size when she saw who followed behind the. Cobras. Kreese.

"I told you. Cobra Kai for life," Hawk said, his eyes going from Miguel to Gwen then Johnny. Kreese put his hand on Hawk's shoulder. Kreese walked up to Johnny, their chests brushing against one another.

"Don't worry, Johnny. I'm not here to fight," Kreese said, talking off his glasses. "Yeah? Then why the hell are you here?" Johnny asked.

"I'd like to make you another offer to come back to Cobra Kai where you belong."

"You're crazy if you think I'm ever teaming up with you again. The garbage you're feeding them. The shit they're pulling. It's messed up. You're to blame for that," Johnny threatened.

"I have to disagree with you there. I care about my students. They're strong. They're true fighters. And they wouldn't make the mistake of showing mercy and then someone ending up in a coma-"

Gwen and Miguel stepped forward. Gwen muttered curses under her breath. "Stop bullshitting me! You listen here, you fucking maniac-" She was stopped by Tory who stood in front of her. Kreese held his hand between Tory and Hawk, who was facing against Miguel.

Kreese laughed. "LaRusso's got some fire in her. Not like her father, I must say." She looked up at him, glaring. "Listen, kid, if you ever are sick of this whole act, there's room for you at Cobra Kai."

Gwen glared at him, shaking her head. Tory laughed, looking at Gwen.

Tory glared at her again, and Gwen smiled. "You call that a glare?" She scoffed quietly. Gwen shrugged, then let out a laugh. "Wanna do this, again? Get your ass kicked, AGAIN?" She whispered so only Tory could hear her.

Gwen faced Johnny and Kreese. "This is it, Johnny. There's not gonna be another chance," Kreese instructed. "Good," Johnny answered.

"You made your choice. And you are gonna regret it."

The Cobras turned to leave, following Kreese.

"The only thing we're gonna regret is seeing your glorious face every day, Kreese," Gwen added, and she could hear the scoffs coming from the Cobras.