Part Four: Cobra Kai

At lunch, Gwen sat there with her friends, listening to Counselor Blatt

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying to their face," she explained.

Gwen scoffed. "So is sensibility, and look where we are now," she whispered, picking at her food.

Getting a chuckle out of Maggie and Mason, she smiled. Peter wasn't there that day since he was sick with the flu.

Counsellor Blatt went on.

"I'm not gonna name names, but the other day, a mother called me up. Because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

Gwen face went to Eli, who's face was drooping. Poor Eli, she thought. Words went around the cafeteria, and when Blatt started speaking, no one listened. Just to help, Gwen whistled with her fingers, making someone shut up.

"Bout time," she said aloud.

Eli looked to her and mouthed "thank you."

"You're good," she mouthed back, smiling.

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students," Blatt went on and on.

Gwendolyn stood up and quietly walked to Eli's table. She overheard Miguel talking.

"If you're sick of getting bullied my karate dojo's looking for recruits."

Gwen though about it. "Yeah right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and you can kick some major ass," Demetri said, making karate hands.

Gwen spoke up. "Karate, you say?" She asked, sitting down. "What's the address?" She asked.

Miguel smiled and told her the address and she wrote it down along her forearm. "OK, thanks Mig," she said, and he looked up at her. "Is it alright if I call you that. Mig?"

"Uh, yeah- yeah. Of course," he stuttered. "Great," she smiled standing up and walking away.

"Dude, you got a nickname from the HOTTEST GIRL AT SCHOOL. How do you feel?" Demetri asked. "I don't know. But I have the feeling she likes me," Miguel said, looking at her. "And I have a feeling you like her."

"Oh, and one last thing. While we are all looking forward to the Halloween dance, remember our costumes are cuturally sensitive. For example, instead of 'sexy nurse' how about 'gender neutral' hospital employee," Blatt explained, while Gwen rolled her eyes.

 For example, instead of 'sexy nurse' how about 'gender neutral' hospital employee," Blatt explained, while Gwen rolled her eyes

The girl that night, more like right after school, remembered what Miguel told her. She looked down at the address and immediantly her dad walked in the door. "Dans," he said and she hid her arm.

"Oh—hi dad."

He realized her hidden arm. "What is it?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just, um-"

"It's fine. I know you weren't hiding anything," he waved it off.

She chuckled, nervously. "I am going to go hang out with Maggie," she said, pointing to the door.

"Have fun."

"Will do."

She drove to the address and found herself in the strip mall

She drove to the address and found herself in the strip mall. Then something caught her eye. "Cobra Kai." She read aloud. "Huh. How convenient," she mumbled.

What would Dad say? Me joining Cobra Kai?

Her eyes caught onto a bright red car. She hopped out of her car, and walked in.

The first person she saw was a blonde man and Miguel. "Is this Cobra Kai?"

Can't be that bad... right?