Part Seven: It Happened.

Gwen got out of her car and ran to help Johnny to ger Miguel out of his car. She put Miguel's arm on her shoulder and they both took Miguel to his apartment.

"Miguelito!" Miguel's mom, Carmen yelled. While Carmen scolded Johnny, Gwen laid Miguel on the couch, who was partly awake.

"You're okay, Mig. You're home," she whispered. She realized his face all beat up, bloodied.

"I don't ever want you coming near my son again, do you hear me?!" Carmen yelled. "I'm sorry, I should've never gotten him involved."

Johnny left with Miguel shouting at him, "cobra kai never dies!"

"You must be the girl Miguel's been talking about, yes?" Carmen asked as Gwen walked out to her car. She unlocked the car door, and placed her hand on the handle.

"I guess so, ma'am." she mumbled. "Gwendolyn LaRusso," she said, shaking Carmen's hand.

"Thank you, for helping Miggy getting home safely," she thanked.

"It's my pleasure."

Gwen opened up her car door. "Sorry to be like this, Gwendolyn. But would you mind staying for the night? Miguel has talked about you so much and we need someone to watch him cause I have to go into work late," Carmen asked.

"Like a babysitter?" Gwen laughed, getting something out of Carmen. A good laugh, and something told Gwen she didn't have a good, long laugh for a while.

"No, nothing like that, Gwendolyn. Is that okay that I call you, Gwen?"

Gwen nodded.

"Um, sure. I just have to change first. My best friend's apartment is right across so I'll be right back."

She went into Maggie and Mason's apartment, the two being step-siblings, and changed out of her costume. She walked back to the Diaz's apartment, when Miguel was fully awake.

"Hey," she said. "You OK?"

"Pretty sore," he said. Her phone started ringing. She looked at it and read,

"🥋🧖‍♂️Mr. Karate Dude🧖‍♂️🥋"

Of course, he's watching me.

She walked to kitchen. "Hey, what's up?"

"I can't find you, where are you?"

"Oh—I went to Maggie's."

"But she's still at the dance."

"OH, THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T FIND HER!" Gwen chuckled, nervously. "Um, well, I'll text her and tell her I'm waiting here," Gwen said.

"OK, love you. Bye," she said hanging up.

"Who was that," Miguel asked, tiredly.

"Oh, my dad, just about the dance," Gwen answered. She sat on the couch, beside him. She realized the white-makeup still on his face.

"I better get this makeup and blood off you," she said, going into her backpack getting the makeup remover. She pulled one out.

"Okay, close your eyes," she said and he did. She pulled rubbing off the smeared makeup on his lips then she accidentily hit a cut when he winced.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry," she said.

"It's fine," Miguel smiled.

"They got you good," she said.

"Mhm. What tells you that?"

"Alright, dumbass. Listen here—," she began, laughing at his sarcasm.

"Why did they do this to you? Who?" She asked.

"Kyler and his goons."

"Those assholes," she murmured.

"I tried standing up to them but they were going crazy about your sister, talking about your dad doing something shitty," he explained.

"Uh-huh. Thank you. Anyone would be lucky to have you do that."

At this point, Gwen had cleaned Miguel's face halfway. "People think that since I grew up with money, that I'm a jerk. One of those plastic girls. I guess... I just get sick of it... for that reason."

"People think that I'm like Dad. A rich, plastic girl. It's just... bullshit." Gwen let out a small laugh.

"I mean... not everyone is like their parents. And it's not set in stone. I'm nothing like my ma. And it's not forced on you to be like him. You don't seem like a rich, plastic to me," Miguel explained.

And she maybe looked at him to long and HE probably looked at her for too long. She smiled at him.

And he smiled back. She began to speak. "Mig, I really, really like you. Like really," she admitted, smiling. Miguel just stared at her. "Oh, shit. I shouldn't have said that. I've only known you for a few weeks-"

"I like you too, Gwen," he admitted. "Like, really. You're pretty cool."

She leaned forward and he did too. She felt their lips touch, softly but surely. She felt his hand on the back of her neck, pulling her closer.

Wait, are we actually kissing? Me and him?!

After a few minutes of making out, she backed out, frightened by a voice. "Miguel, esta es tu novia?" (Miguel, is this your girlfriend)

It was Yaya. "Oh my goodness, Yaya, I didn't see you there," Miguel said, turning his head frantically.

"Well, at least you weren't jerking off, " she said, winking at them.

She's meaning the devil's tango.

Gwen blushed. "But is she your girlfriend?" Yaya asked laugh, getting a laugh out of Gwen. Gwen and Miguel stared at each other.

"She said-"

"I know what she said. I know Spanish. Took a few years but it worked."

"Ok. I don't know. Will you?"

"Yeah. I'd like that a lot. We could try it out."

A/N: I rly wasn't kidding when I said this wasn't a slow burn🙂

Please don't kill me (or my dms)