Part Twenty-Nine: Riding Compartment

They couple walked into the restaurant, smiling.

"There's the happy couple!" Maggie rang out. Meanwhile, Peter let out a nasty smile towards Miguel, though he didn't notice.

Gwen and Miguel went to sit down.

Gwen sat there, throwing ice cubes from her finished drink at Miguel. "No, Gwen. Gwen! You're making a mess," he said, laughing.

"Don't worry I'll clean it uppp," she answered continuing her last theme.

"OK, that's it," Miguel said, hopping out of his chair and grabbing her.

"I would kick your ass right now but we're at a restaurant," Gwen said, hands behind her back.

Miguel poked his head onto her shoulder. "Awwwwww, you're so cute when you don't try," he playfully said. Gwen grabbed his wrists that were clung onto her hands, twisted HER wrist, and turned Miguel around.

"Awwww, you're so cute when you didn't try," she mimicked. "Haha," he jokingly said. Meanwhile, Maggie was on her vlog.

"And here they areeeee, the runner-up and champion of the All-Valley Under-18 50th annual Karate Tournament! Or as I say, El Serpiente and our very first female champ!" Maggie assisted.

"Magsssss, stop," Gwen whined. "You're saying no to half my followers."

"Hii," Gwen said to the followers. Maggie, actually had a lot of followers, reaching 3.5k in sorts.

"Welp, we are leaving," Gwen said, grabbing her bag. "But didn't you just get here?"

"2 hours ago."

"We aren't calling it a night, we have somewhere to be," Gwen said.

"I'm frightened," Miguel whined.

"Fear does not exist in my dojo," Gwen reminded, laughed. She grabbed Miguel's hand and they walked to Gwen's car.

"And off they go," Maggie said in an narrator voice, peering through the window, "venturing to another journey in their story."

And with lots more to come. Yes, lots of them were bad, some were good, but they did them together.

ENCINO OAKS RIDING COMPARTMENT

    "Why you take me here, at 8' of all times?" Miguel whined. "Because they have the best view of the moon," Gwen said.

"Hi Wiant," Gwen said to the receptionist. "Hey Ms. LaRusso, Nero?"

"And Spectra," she reminded. "You want them both," Wiant as politely. "Yes please," Gwen pleaded. "They'll be ready for you outside."

  "Thank you. Have a good da..oorr Night!"

  Gwen showed Miguel the way to the stables.

"Just.. come on," she said. "But I've never ridden," Miguel accounted. "Spectra was a soft breed by birth. She was born in this stable. Meanwhile, Nero, I tamed him myself, he was in the wild-wild west," Gwen said, watching the working hitch the saddle onto her horse.

She helped saddle Spectra and helped Miguel get onto her. She saw Miguel's face, which said that he was frightened and about to shit his pants.

   "Chill out, she won't hurt you," she calmed. She got onto a saddleless Nero. "C'mon boy," she said and she began to gallop.

"How do you do that?!" A far-behind Miguel asked.

"Just pat her neck," Gwen told. Miguel patted Spectra on the neck and Spectra began to gallop.

"I can't understand how with a saddle I can't even ride, but you don't even have one," he said. "Cause I've done this for years. You're just starting out."

They rode along the beach for 45 minutes or so and Miguel got the hang of riding. Their horses began to walk.

"So, have you done any rodeos?" Miguel asked.

"Oh, hundreds," she answered. "I've never been lower then 10th place," she answered.

"My girlfriend's so cool," Miguel answered.

"Oh, I know," Gwen said modestly. She looked at him and smiled while he smiled back.