Part Fifty-Eight: Coma

Gwen's unconscious body was laying on her cot. Her head and spine was put into a neckbrace, which was supposed to help her spine grow accordingly to plan.

"It was two weeks ago as West Valley High, where what can only be described as an all-out karate riot caught students, and faculty, off-gaurd, sending a shock wave throughout the Valley

"It was two weeks ago as West Valley High, where what can only be described as an all-out karate riot caught students, and faculty, off-gaurd, sending a shock wave throughout the Valley."

A mother was shown on screen. "We got enough to worry about these days. Now I gotta worry about karate gangs in the schools?"

"I heard there was an karate attack at the mall a couple months back. I thought karate died out in the '80s."

"Earlier today, students organized a peaceful gathering of prayer and song."

A picture of Moon singing at the gathering with her guitar. "We don't have to punch. Hey, let's go get some brunch and be friends!"

"Tonight, West Valley High administrators are holding a community meeting to answer questions and help settle fears. Police are still looking for Robby Keene, who ran after kicking fellow student Gwendolyn LaRusso off a second-floor balcony, landing right here on this staircase. Keene has since then been expelled. LaRusso, meanwhile, remains in a coma at West Valley General."

A picture showed up on screen of Miguel and Gwen, with her doing a handstand and Miguel taking the picture.

Johnny, who was watching the whole thing, was pissed when a guy turned the channel.

"Hey! I was watching that!" He yelled. "I'm sorry. Didn't realize it was your TV, homie," the man said.

"Change it back!" Johnny instructed. "It's the bottom of the ninth. You wanna see the news, check your phone," the man said.

"I don't have a phone," Johnny said, getting out of his chair. He stumbled, showing how drunk he was. "I threw it away," he said walking to the two men.

"Oh! When's the last time you showered, cabrón? You smell like a piece of dog shit took a dump."

The two men laughed but stopped when Johnny stepped forward. "Change it back."

"Bro. You're at a bar. People wanma watch the game, they don't give a shit about no weather report or some coma girl," the man said, pissing Johnny off more.

The men started celebrating when the Dodgers scored a point on the TV. "Let's go."

"Here you go home. Oops, my bad," the man said, fakely giving the remote to Johnny then dropping.